A Brief About the Patient
A 5-year-old Elveen from Canada has been suffering from Eczema and multiple food intolerances from the day she was born. The exact causes can not be precisely predicted, but suffering for that child is inevitable. Her parents said that Elveen has been on formula milk since 2 months old, where the rashes have arisen from. We can’t say that rashes are due to the use of formula milk because it is not scientifically proven. Her Allergic issues have been worsening since then, her parents went to the dermatologists where she was put on steroids, which is not a good thing for a child of such age.
Steroids can reduce inflammation and can heal temporary rashes but how can the child get permanent relief from the disease? Here comes our saviour Ayurveda, a 5000-year-age-old medicine which thoroughly focuses on the root cause of the disease.
Right knowing the exact cause of the disease and eliminating it from your body will be the responsibility of IAFA®, a well-known Ayurvedic allergy specialised institution which has around 50000+ patients globally and has been serving offline in more than 4 cities in India.
If you want your allergies to get treated, book an online consultation now to have a pre-scheduled appointment with Dr. Sahil Gupta a well-known Allergy specialist who has more than 14+ years of experience.
But now, get to know about this complicated case study of Elveen Kaur who got treated within 3 months of regular and well compliance therapy at IAFA®.
- Name: Elveen Kaur
- Age: 5 years
- Gender: Female
- UID: 7426
- DOA: 08/11/2022
- Place: Canada
A Brief About the Disease
We can call this condition an “Allergy March” where Allergy starts with skin issues or nasal issues and slowly progresses into a three-angle issue called “Allergy March.” The first step in allergy march is Atopic dermatitis where we can see rashes on the skin from childhood or it can occur suddenly at any age. But usually, 1-6 years is the most prone age to Atopic Dermatitis. And the second stage of this disease is Allergic rhinitis and the third stage is Asthma. But here a noteworthy point is food plays a major role in the progression or triggering of this disease.
Evolution of Allergy in Elveen
What is Allergy as per Ayurveda?
Ayurveda defines Allergy as “Srotasam Atipravruti,” which means body channels hyperactivity. Ayurveda states that there are 13 internal body channels and 7 external body channels in the body which may get exposed to various types of allergens and this hyperactivity is known as Allergy.
What Can We See in the Case of Elveen?
In the case study of Elveen, we can witness the hyperactivity of Annavaha Srotasam (channel for food), Rasavaha Srotasam (channel for digested food products) and Praanvaha Srotasam (channel for air). These three cases can be discussed further in detail in the final diagnosis part of our case study.
Symptoms of Allergy March
- Rashes on the skin
- Red patches on the skin
- Severe itching
- Dry and flaky skin
- More rashes in the flexor parts of the body
- Burning sensation
- Oozes from the wound
- Watery eyes
- Runny nose
Causes of Allergy March
Allergy March is also called Atopic March where it started as Atopic dermatitis or Eczema in children and can progress into Asthma in around 50% of children and Food Allergies in around 33% of children. The causes may vary from child to child but the common causes can be the following:-
- Genetic causes
- Exposure to allergens such as dust and pollen.
- Exposure to polluted air.
- Certain foods like nuts, wheat, soy, fish, eggs and milk. In our case, Elveen is allergic to tree nuts and peanuts.
- Certain medications like penicillin can also cause allergies.
- Some insect bites and wasp stings are also the culprits of allergy.
- Weather changes
Elveen has been finally diagnosed with:-
Ayurveda explains the symptoms of Atopic Dermatitis in the form of shloka mentioned below.
सकण्डूः पिडका श्यावा बहिस्राव विचर्चिका ॥
विचर्चिका कुष्ठ का लक्षण—जिसमें खुजली के साथ श्याव वर्ण की बहुत-सी पिडकाएँ होती हैं, उसे ‘विचर्चिका कुष्ठ’ कहते हैं।। २६ ॥।
The above shloka explains the Virudha nature of the food in which the doshas are vitiated upon the intake of certain foods. Virudha Aahar can refer to eating the wrong food, improper time, inappropriate amounts or eating the wrong food combinations.
The below shloka explains the symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis like sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes etc,
क्षवप्रव्रुत्ति: शिरसो तिपूर्णतास्तम्भोsगमर्द: परिह्रष्टरोमता।
The treatment of Allergy March includes both external and internal treatment.
- For Nasal: Pratimarsha Nasya: Nasa Yoga Grutham: 2-3 drops of lukewarm nasa yoga Grutham in bilateral nostrils and 3-4 drops in the naval area twice a day, once in the morning and once at bedtime.
- For Skin: IAFA E-5 Cell Repair Oil: Mix 10 ml of oil with extra virgin coconut oil and apply gently on the affected area twice a day and also during an allergic response. It helps in skin damage repair, anti ageing, wound healing, dryness and cracks.
- IAFA® Swaras Chikitsa
- Bhoomi Amla Swaras: 7.5 ml of swaras is taken with equal amounts of water 30 minutes before meals. It is useful for skin allergies and burning sensations in the body.
- Aahar Amrutham Swaras: 7.5 ml of swaras is taken with equal amounts of water 30 minutes before meals. It is useful in gastrointestinal repair and care.
- Haridrakhandam Churna: It is an ayurvedic classical medicine, half a teaspoon of churna twice a day with water.
- Anthra Mithram Gulika: 1 tablet once a day. An hour after the meal. It is beneficial for gastrointestinal repair and is helpful to maintain digestive system wellness and the absorption surface of the gut.
- Shishu Laxoherb: 1 ml of Laxoherb is taken with 20 ml of water once a day at bedtime.
- Consider giving plant-based milk instead of cow milk or formula milk.
- The patient has to consume food that is easily digestible and will be gentle on the gut.
- Consume green leafy veggies and include a lot of fibre-rich fruits and vegetables in the regular diet.
- Advise the parents to feed her whole millet, ragi, buckwheats, corn and gluten-free oats.
- Herbs like cumin, fennel, and curry leaves regularly increase the Agni, the digestive fire in the gut and also remove the excess AMA visha (toxins) from the body.
- Avoid food that is high in lactose like dairy, cows’ milk, curd, or any sweet foods that contain milk content.
- Avoid wheat and gluten foods that can be hard on the gut and may be the main reason behind skin allergies.
- High-fat foods like butter, margarine, cream, greasy foods, and spiced and fried foods are heavy to digest and can release toxins if not properly digested.
- Sea foods like fish and crabs can exaggerate allergic reactions, so it’s better to avoid them.
- As Elveen is allergic to nuts, it is advised to avoid nuts.
- Fruits like bananas and avocados can trigger allergic reactions.
1) Cumin water
Add 1-2 gm of cumin to the water and boil the water on a low flame for a few minutes. After you can see the change in the aroma and Color of the water, strain it out and drink the water.
2) Fennel water
Add 1-2 gms of fennel to the water and boil it on low flame so that the medicinal properties of fennel will not be evaporated and can be retained in the water. Strain it out and drink the water.
Cumin and fennel water enhances the digestive fire in the stomach and can help in protein breakdown. Thereby it helps to reduce the toxins and also the hypersensitivity reactions in the body.
Elveen was advised to take the medicine for all three conditions and no surprise that the medication was well adapted by the child and the results were prominent. The results were as such
- Rashes were the main concern and the E-5 Oil along with extra virgin coconut oil worked well and the rashes were reduced instantly.
- Bhoomi Amla Swaras and Aahar Amrutham Swaras worked well on the gut and the skin allergic symptoms like itching, and burning were reduced.
- Allergic Rhinitis is cured significantly as Nasa yoga Ghrutham is a gold standard medicine of IAFA® that is used to treat all kinds of nasal allergy-related issues.
The second month of medication is to maintain the healthy condition of the patient and also treat the disease completely by eliminating the root cause of the disease.
- Anthra Mithram Gulika can help in the enhancement of gut wellness and better absorption of food.
- All the medications mentioned above are getting good results, so Dr. Sahil Gupta advised her to continue the medications.
- Her skin allergies and nasal allergies were reduced to around 90% and the child was feeling better than before.
The third month of medication is to eliminate the root cause of the disease and to ensure the patient from any kind of recurrence of the disease.
- No visible rashes are found.
- No sneezing and runny nose like before.
- The food was easily digested and the child was feeling hungry and not bloated.
- No itching or burning sensation on the skin.
A Happy Review from the Patient’s Parents
Reviews like this motivate us to work more for the healing of the community with the use of 5000 years old Ayurveda.
Click here to check out the google review.
A Quick Wrap-Up
The main reason behind Allergy March or Atopic March is the occurrence of Eczema or Atopic dermatitis in childhood. Eczema can progress to Food Allergy, Asthma and Allergic Rhinitis. So, Eczema should be treated properly in childhood otherwise it can become a serious issue. Symptoms can include sneezing, runny nose, itching and a burning sensation on the skin. The causes can be genetic factors, exposure to various allergens and many more as we mentioned above. But, no matter what the cause can be, the main aim of Ayurveda is to eliminate the root cause of the disease.
So, herbal medications include those medicines that work on the gut, strengthen the gut, eliminate toxins and boost immunity. So, Elveen got treated within 3 months of the therapy and if you also suffer from any kind of allergies, Ayurveda has a solution for it.
To get rid of any kind of allergies please book your appointment now and have a talk with Dr. Sahil Gupta and treat all your allergies completely. Burst all the myths related to Ayurveda and remove any doubts in your mind as you can see here, a 5-year-old child got treated completely. Visit IAFA® now and be a part of a healthy and happy community.