Latex Allergy (Udarda)
शैशिर: कफजोव्याधिरुदर्द्दइतिकीर्त्तित: ll
Ayurvedic Treatment for Latex Allergy - A Comprehensive Guide
Latex Allergy is the hypersensitivity reaction of body towards rubber latex. Rubber latex is a natural product obtained from rubber tree. It results is various symptoms affecting skin and respiratory system. In Ayurveda, Udarda is a similar concept where there are various skin manifestations. Ayurveda assures complete cure in the management of Latex allergies. Dr. Gupta’s IAFA is using classical Ayurvedic herbal remedies in the successful treatment for Latex allergies.
Causes of Latex Allergy
When the body comes in contact with some proteins in rubber latex, immune system misinterprets them as harmful substances and produce antibodies to expel them. These antibodies initiate secretion of histamines on continuous exposure to latex and results in allergic reactions.
Means for causing latex allergy
- Direct contact with latex or its products like gloves, balloons, condoms etc.
- Inhalation of latex particles from its products that stay on air.
- Fruits like Avocado, Banana, Passion Fruit, Kiwi etc. contain same chemical as in latex. So, latex allergic people may get allergic to these fruits also.
People who have constant or increased contact with latex gloves or other products are more prone to be affected with latex allergy. This group includes medical professionals, those who undergo repeated surgeries, people who work in rubber industry etc. and also those with a family history of allergy.
Ayurveda describes exposure to cold wind as the reason for Udarda.
Ayurvedic Reference of Latex Allergy - Udarda
Symptoms of Latex Allergy
Allergic symptoms caused by exposure to latex may vary from mild to severe. Intensity of symptoms depends on sensitivity of the victim and degree of exposure.
Mild Symptoms include itchy skin with rashes and redness. In severe condition there will be:
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Breathing difficulty etc.
Some of the symptoms like swelling, pricking pain, vomiting, fever, burning sensation etc. are said to be worst condition of udarda.
“Ayurveda assures complete cure in the management of Latex allergies. Dr. Gupta’s IAFA is the perfect destination for Ayurvedic latex allergy treatment as well as all other allergy treatments with high success rates”.
Visit us now and get the rejuvenation!!!
– Dr. Sahil Gupta (B.A.M.S., M.H.A.)
Ayurvedic Allergy Specialist
CEO & Founder of IAFA®
Diet in Latex Allergy
Following pathya should be followed to prevent the recurrence to allergic reactions and to strengthen immune system of body.
- Drink lot of water
- Bitter foods
- Regular bowel movements
- Cleansing the skin and hair
- Regular exercise
- Use non-latex gloves
Certain food items and regimen should be avoided to maintain health of body. Following are some of the avoidable practices.
- Spicy & sour food
- Junk food
- Deep fried fast food
- Chemical-based lotion
- Continuous use of rubber gloves
Yoga for Latex Allergy
Yogasanas are very effective to strengthen body and mind. Performance of immune system will be improved. Following asanas (postures) will be beneficial in the treatment of Latex Allergy.
- Surya namskar
Ayurvedic Treatment of Latex Allergy
Latex Allergy can be treated effectively by combined use of internal medicines, treatment procedures and external medicines.
Internal medicines include various formulations like kwatha, tablet, lehya etc. according to the condition of patient and disease. Following are some of the effective Ayurvedic medicines for internal use.
- Tiktaka Kashaya
- Manjishtadi Kashaya
- Gandhaka rasayana
- Punarnavadi kashaya
- Madhusnuhi rasayana
- Kaisora guggulu gulika
- Mahathiktaka ghritha
Following medicines are applied externally based on the manifestation of symptoms.
- Nalpamaradi kera
- Rasottamadi lepa
- Dineshavallyadi kera
- Shatadhouta ghritha
- Thriphala choorna
Ayurveda has unique method of treatment procedures including purification therapies to cure disease from root. It includes:
Use of following herbs in diet and also as medicine in proper dose will help to relieve from symptoms of allergy.
- Amalaki ( Emblica officinalis)
- Guduchi ( Tinospora cordifolia)
- Nimba ( Azadirachta indica)
- Manjishta ( Rubia cordifolia)
- Chandana ( Santalum alba)
- Hareetaki ( Terminalia chebula)
- Shloka No. 5, Sheetapithaudardakoda Nidana by Madhavacharya, Madhavnidana.
- Charaka. Charak Samhita. Vidhyotini commentary, Chaukhambha Bhartiya Academy, Varanasi: 1st volume, Sutrasthana 20/17.
- Dr. Ravi Dutta Tripathi. Ashtang Sangraha, Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthan. Varanasi. Sutrasthan 10/34.
- Sahil Gupta, Ayurvedic Aspects of Allergies and Fungal Infections, Edition 2021, Latex Allergy Chapter No. 05, Page No. 33-38.
Article Written By: Dr. Sahil Gupta (B.A.M.S., M.H.A.)