A Brief About the Case
Divya Vikas, a 31-year-old female patient from Bangalore has been suffering from Seborrheic Dermatitis for the last 4-5 years and has been tired of getting a cure for her condition. She consulted IAFA® online and had a hassle-free appointment with Dr. Sahil Gupta where she explained her condition thoroughly and got successful treatment for her chronic condition within a limited time and now living a life free of seborrheic dermatitis and other allergies. Through this case study we would like to introduce you to another successful health and healing story of our beloved patient from Bangalore and the treatment she got from us which did a miracle for her condition. Keep reading!
Name: Divya Vikas
Age: 31 Years Old
Address: Bangalore, India
A Brief About the Disease
Seborrheic dermatitis, also known as Darunaka in Ayurveda, is a kapala gata roga (disease of the scalp) whereas Acharya Sushruta has explained it as Kshudra Roga which caused due to the vitiation of vata and Kapha doshas. Any kind of disease can be the result of imbalanced doshas which are the base of our body. If any disturbance is caused in those doshas, the occurrence of any disease condition can take place. Seborrheic dermatitis is one such condition which results in the symptoms of sebaceous glands.
Chief Complaints of the Patient
The patient has had these haunting symptoms for the past 4-5 years:-
- Flakes with itching over the scalp.
- Skin rashes over the ears, eyes, forehead, neck, breast and abdomen with itching and dryness.
These symptoms can worsen in winter or when the patient is exposed to triggering factors.
Final Diagnosis by IAFA Ayurveda®
Dr Sahil Gupta upon thoroughly examining the condition of the patient and analysing the symptoms, concluded that the condition is Seborrheic dermatitis. Based on her severity, cause, and range of symptoms, medicines were prescribed and they completely focused on the front cause of the disease.
Prescribed Herbal Remedies for Chronic Seborrheic Dermatitis
1. IAFA E-5 Cell Repair Oil
Mix 10 ml of IAFA E-5 Cell Repair Oil with 10 ml of extra virgin oil and apply it over the affected areas twice or thrice a day.
2. IAFA Skin Fresh Bar
IAFA Skin Fresh Bar is used instead of a normal bathing bar as it is infused with skin wellness herbs. It provides a moisturising effect and treats dermatitis-like conditions.
3. IAFA 333 Shampoo
IAFA 333 Shampoo is a well-known medicine for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis. It has treated many patients with chronic seborrheic dermatitis condition. Start using IAFA 333 Shampoo instead of normal shampoo and get rid of dandruff easily.
The following medications can be given along with internal medications to treat the root cause of the disease:-
4. IAFA Swaras Chikitsa – Bhoomi Amla Swaras
It purifies the blood, boosts immunity and reduces itching due to its cool potency.
5. IAFA Swaras Chikitsa – Makoye Swaras
Provides relief from the pain and inflammation. Reduces itching. 30 ml of makoye swaras should be consumed daily.
6. Pitpapra Capsules
1 capsule twice a day before meals. It relieves excessive inflammation and pain in the body. Pitpapra capsules help in the reduction of vitiation of the dominant pitta dosha.
7. IAFA Skin Detox Tablet
IAFA Skin Detox Tablet helps in the cure of skin ailments. It is the first choice of drug for the skin detoxification and rejuvenation.
6 follow-ups are provided to the patient for the next 6 months to track her improvement. Dr Sahil Gupta and his team thoroughly analysed the progress of the disease for 6 months and reported the following progress.
After continuous use of the medication for about 2 months, Divya Vikas has found relief from the extensive itching and burning sensation. Seborrheic dermatitis symptoms have been reduced to around 50% and other related symptoms have significantly improved.
No significant changes in the medications have been made. The same was prescribed by Dr Sahil Gupta for another two months for the complete cure of the disease. Seborrheic dermatitis has been completely cured but to eliminate the disease from its roots and prevent its recurrence, Dr Gupta advised using the medications for another 2 months.
After the complete course of 6 months of using the medications, Dr Gupta and his team made sure that no recurrence was observed and all her symptoms had been recovered. After discussing with the patient about her condition, the team IAFA® got to know that she was completely fine and no related symptoms had been observed.
A Happy Review from the Patient
Divya Vikas, from Bengaluru, has expressed her gratitude towards IAFA and Dr Sahil Gupta for being completely cured of the condition that has been haunting her for more than 4-5 years. She has been experiencing a lot for about 4-5 years but not now. She’s completely free now and has no allergies or any other skin issues. We are immensely grateful for being a part of her health journey and making her free from allergies and related skin issues. If you’re suffering from any kind of allergies or skin-related issues, book an online consultation now with Dr Sahil Gupta who has around 15+ years of experience and you can live a life free of allergies.
Dietary Recommendations for Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Pitta-Pacifying Diet: Seborrheic dermatitis is often associated with excess heat and inflammation in the body, which corresponds to the Ayurvedic dosha known as “Pitta.” A Pitta-pacifying diet includes cooling and soothing foods like cucumbers, coconut, leafy greens, and sweet fruits (except sour ones).
- Avoid Spicy and Fried Foods: These can exacerbate Pitta imbalances, leading to skin issues. Limit or avoid hot spices, chillies, and fried foods.
- Include Bitter and Astringent Foods: These can help balance excess Pitta. Examples include bitter gourd, leafy greens, and pomegranates.
- Hydrate: Drink plenty of water throughout the day to help detoxify your body and maintain skin health. Get the habit of drinking fruit juices, infused water and vegetable juices to hydrate the body.
- Herbal Teas: Consider sipping on herbal teas, which have soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. If you want to include herbal teas, check out our store. We provide the best herbal teas that are good for your skin, immunity and overall health.
- Ghee: Clarified butter (ghee) is considered beneficial in Ayurveda. It can be included in moderation as it’s believed to support skin health.
- Probiotic Foods: Ayurveda places importance on gut health. Including probiotic-rich foods like yoghurt or fermented foods makes the gut healthy and helps in the proper digestion of the food.
- Avoid Alcohol and Caffeine: These can aggravate Pitta and contribute to skin issues like dermatitis and other inflammatory conditions.
- Adequate Fibre: Fibre-rich foods like whole grains and vegetables support digestion, which is crucial in Ayurveda for overall health, including skin health.
- Stress Management: Stress can worsen skin conditions. Incorporate stress-reducing practices like yoga, meditation, and deep breathing.
A Quick Wrap-up
Seborrheic dermatitis is a skin condition which affects the skin areas where sebaceous glands are present. The skin is itchy, flaky, dry, and red and sores can also be present. Some will get rid of it within a few weeks but others require a personalised and desired treatment and luckily Ayurveda offers the best and most holistic approach for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis and other skin allergies.
IAFA Ayurveda® is leading in the treatment of allergies globally. Consult now and get a chance to have a chat with our Ayurveda expert, Dr Sahil Gupta who has around 15+ years of experience and has treated more than 50000+ patients worldwide.