In the modern era, there is a change or irregularity in the dietary patterns as well as timings of food. In addition to change in diet and lifestyle, one is constantly under stress. All these factors cause disturbances in the digestive system, which results in many disorders, amongst which allergies of various etiologies constitute an important group. Ayurveda has described various treatment modalities for the successful treatment of gluten allergy, wheat allergy, yeast allergies, baker’s yeast allergy and allergies of various etiologies.
Allergies are caused due to an adverse reaction to a supposed foreign substance that is not typically harmful. These substances may trigger hypersensitivity in some individuals. These are known as allergens and can include certain foods, environmental substances, certain medications etc. A 35-year-old Indian male presented with the complaints of gastrointestinal issues like bloating, abdominal pain, GERD etc. after ingestion of gluten rich food, skin rashes over the back and chest with dandruff in head and beard from the past one year. The present blog summarizes the ayurvedic perspective of allergies and its successful management by Ayurvedic principles and lifestyle modification. After four months of treatment, the patient got highly significant improvement by the treatment provided by Dr. Gupta at IAFA®.
Keywords: Grahani, Kushta, gluten allergy treatment, seborrheic dermatitis treatment, Ayurvedic treatment of gluten allergy, yeast and baker’s allergy treatment, seborrheic dermatitis treatment.
The immune system is a complex and wonderful system because when it is in a balanced state, it is less likely to respond to foreign invaders aggressively. Allergies like food allergy, seborrheic dermatitis etc. are very difficult and frustrating conditions. The psychological challenge faced by the patients is also insurmountable because even when they subside, the condition can flare up and trigger the skin. The scratching of an itchy rash just makes the condition worse. In Ayurveda, skin disorders are classified under ‘Kushta’ and food allergies are classified under ‘Grahani’. In Ayurveda, successful treatment of gluten allergy and seborrheic dermatitis are possible without any adverse effects. This blog highlights the case study of a patient who has been treated successfully for the same at IAFA®.
Ayurvedic Concept of Allergy
According to Ayurveda, allergies and agni (digestive fire) are interdependent. Functionally, weak agni i.e., Mandagni causes improper digestion which leads to Ama dosha. This Ama dosha is the root cause of most of the diseases. It has the pivotal importance in the pathogenesis of allergies.
According to Acharya Charak, the action of herbs or herbal formulations depend upon either their Rasa, Guna, Virya, Vipaka or Prabhava. To break the Samprapti of Allergies, ideal ayurvedic formulation should have Deepanna and Pachana properties predominantly. IAFA® follows the same principle as described by the ancient sages for the treatment of chronic allergies.
- Patient’s Name: Jitendra Singh
- Age: 35 years
- Gender: Male
- Address: India
- UID: 6873
- Date of Consultation: 26/01/2022
As per the patient’s clinical history, he was having the following symptoms:
- Gluten sensitivity
- Gastrointestinal issues like abdominal pain, gas, acidity, bloating and GERD after eating gluten rich foods.
- Skin issues like skin rashes over the back and chest with dandruff in the beard and scalp from the past one year.
- tTg IgA positive.
Based on chief complaints, history of present illness, past history and clinical findings, the case was diagnosed as:
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
- IAFA Swaras Chikitsa with Aahar Amrutham Ras
- Aahar Amrutham Gulika 750 mg
- Kutaj Ghanvati
- Triphala Capsules 500 mg
- IAFA 333 Shampoo
- IAFA AF-7 Lotion
- IAFA AF-7 Oil
Dosage/Method of Usage
- Aahar Amrutham Ras: 30 ml with water to be taken twice a day with equal amount of water after taking meals.
- Aahar Amrutham Gulika 750 mg: 2 tablets to be taken twice a day after meals with lukewarm water.
- Kutaj Ghanvati: 2 tablets to be taken twice a day 1 hour after meals with lukewarm water.
- Triphala Capsules 500 mg: 2 capsules to be taken once a day at bedtime with water.
- IAFA 333 Shampoo: Apply on wet hair and rinse thoroughly. The lather can be washed off with clean water. The applied shampoo particles will reach the scalp and help to maintain the scalp health. This shampoo can also be applied on wet scalp. Shake well before use.
- IAFA AF-7 Lotion: Apply once a day over the affected area after taking a bath.
- IAFA AF-7 Oil: Apply over the affected area before bath.
The patient was strictly advised to follow the restrictions regarding food habits and lifestyle and to avoid the possible causative factors.
- Intake of fresh and homely prepared food.
- Fruits like pomegranate and bael giri fruit were advised to be taken on a daily basis.
- Pranayama such as anulon vilom, nadi shodhan were recommended to be done regularly.
- Intake of spicy, deep-fried food items.
- Preserved and frozen food
- Food products prepared from refined flour.
- Intake of tea, coffee and alcohol.
Treatment Outcome and Follow-up
The treatment was started on January 26, 2022. The Ayurvedic formulations having the property of Deepana- Pachana have been selected to stimulate the digestive fire. The above treatment plan was prescribed for one month. After one month, due to improvement in Agni, gastrointestinal issues like GERD, bloating, acidity, abdominal pain etc. began to improve but intolerance from milk was found. So, one more medication was added in addition to the above ongoing treatment by Dr. Gupta. The medication that was added:
- Anthra Mithram Gulika: 1 tablet to be taken twice a day 1 hour after meals with water.
Seeing improvement, the same treatment was administered for two months. After one month, there was a significant improvement in the rashes on the skin and dandruff. In the view of clinical features also, excellent improvement was observed but intolerance from milk was reported. So, the treatment was prescribed accordingly. In addition to the ongoing treatment, one more medication was prescribed which was as follows:
- Pitpapra Capsules: 1 capsule to be taken twice a day 15 minutes before meals with water.
After three months, the patient was feeling very well as there were no digestive issues after consumption of food. The treatment had shown remarkable improvement and response.
Dr. Gupta advised the patient to continue the same treatment for another one month to avoid remission.
The treatment continued for four months. After four months, the patient has shown no signs of recurrence. No adverse effect was reported during and after the course of treatment.
The treatment administered by IAFA® augmented and assisted the process of digestion, thus ensuring the optimal state of GIT and expelled toxins from the body. At the same time, the external treatment showed cleansing as well as healing properties.
Thus, the Ayurvedic line of treatment provided by IAFA® gave a blissful life to the patient by improving the immune system of the individual by removing toxins. The patient is thankful to IAFA® and left IAFA® with a happy note.
Below is a Happy Note of Our Patient:
“I was suffering from gluten (wheat) intolerance and dandruff in scalp and beard, after taking 4 months of treatment, I am able to digest wheat and my dandruff is almost over. Thank you so much sir for such unbelievable treatment of celiac diseases. FYI my Tga was 14 and after treatment it’s 1.97 😊”
The overall effect of treatment under the supervision of Dr. Gupta showed better results. Hence, it can be concluded that Ayurvedic management under expert’s supervision is effective in treating allergies and its complications. This blog is evidence of wheat allergy cure, baker’s and yeast allergy cure and seborrheic dermatitis cure. The main aim of IAFA® is to purify the body by removing the doshas (toxins) and boost the immune system, thus enabling the patients of different types of allergies to live a healthy and peaceful life. If you are suffering from any kind of allergy, get authenticated, safe and effective Ayurvedic treatment from us. Feel free to contact us via online consultation.