A few people have an idea about A1 milk and A2 milk. There are two types of milk based on the type of beta-casein protein present in them. Although both types have the same structure with a slight difference at the 67th position of the amino acid chain. Because of this variation, A1 milk releases two types of agents which act as toxins in our body and cause various harmful health issues. Let’s get to know in detail what A1 milk is, its hidden enemies, and its health consequences.
What is A1 Milk?
- A1 milk is derived from genetically engineered cows (western cows without humps) – Jersey, Holstein Friesian, Ayrshire, and British Short horn in the USA, North Europe, and Australia.
- A1 milk has histidine amino acid at the 67th position of the peptide chain whereas A2 milk has proline amino acid.
- A1 milk is cheaper and cows are mutated to produce more milk for the purpose of demand and supply of dairy products.
- They can produce up to 15-20 liters of milk per day.
- A1 milk has fewer nutrients and has no Vitamin D.
- There are more chances to get A1 milk side effects when consumed because it is not digested by the human body.
Having histidine makes the A1 milk hard to break down, so, not easily digested, that’s why many find it difficult to get digested and it may lead to various health issues due to the release of the toxins. Especially the hidden enemies present in the A1 milk are the main precursors of health problems like cow milk allergy.
So far, we have known what A1 milk is, and now have a look at the hidden enemies present in A1 milk and A1 milk health issues.
Two Hidden Enemies in A1 Milk
A1 milk upon digestion releases two components. They are considered harmful toxins coming from the amino acid histidine. These are:
1. BCM-7 (Beta-casomorphin-7) – A Opioid Peptide Protein Element
What is BCM-7 Protein?
Beta-casomorphin-7 is an opioid receptor agonist. When the gastrointestinal tract with their enzymatic action balancing tries to break down A1 beta casein protein present in A1 Milk, BCM-7 is released and produces morphine-like side effects on CNS of the brain, so it acts as an opioid by stimulating the addictive properties in the consumers.
BCM-7 Protein and its Health Effects
It also has various effects on human health. Let’s discuss A1 Milk side effects on the various systems on the body:-
- Neurological System: Addiction towards milk in children due to its morphine like properties. The kids who are born and brought up on A1 Milk have more prone to cognitive disorders and developmental disorders like learning disability, autism.
- Gastrointestinal System: Upper GI issues like bloating, stomach ulcers, lower GI issues like gas (flatulence), diarrhea, severe constipation in kids.
- Metabolic Disorders: More chances of Type-1 Diabetes and Obesity in children who are on A1 Milk due to lipid and carbohydrate metabolism alteration.
- Cardiovascular System: Coronary heart diseases
- Immunity: Due to growth of bad bacteria in the GI tract leads to weakened immunity specifically in children and thus they are more prone to autoimmune diseases.
2. Histamine – A Neurotransmitter
What is Histamine?
Histidine when it tries to break down releases gets to form Histamine (neurotransmitter). Histamine acts as an allergic agent producing hypersensitivity reactions in our body. It is the major agent responsible for Allergy March.
Histamine and its Health Effects
Histamine is the major component for the occurrence of Allergy March in the consumers.
If you want to read in detail about how A1 milk is responsible for Allergy March you can click here.
The following health issues can be found in kids and people who consume A1 milk:-
- Hypersensitivity and allergic reactions.
- Food allergy and intolerance
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE)
- Skin allergy – Urticaria, Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema), Psoriasis
- Nasal allergy – Recurrent cough and cold, Allergic Rhinitis, and Sinusitis.
- Lower Respiratory – Bronchitis and Asthma
A1 milk can cause a tremendous effect on the health as it is not digested so a human’s body develops an intolerance to the milk. A1 milk protein intolerance is caused due to the variation in the amino acid present in it and the two hidden enemies we discussed before. In general A2 milk is considered to be healthier as it has more of a natural origin than A1 milk which is genetically engineered.
At IAFA® many such patients visited with milk intolerance, Allergy March due to consumption of A1 milk, and various other health issues due to any food intolerance.
You can read our successful case studies and happy notes from our patients worldwide here.
Dr. Sahil Gupta, founder of IAFA® is an allergy specialist who has treated many patients with any kind of allergies and various other disorders with the use of ancient Ayurveda. Book your appointment for online consultation with Dr. Gupta and discuss your treatment process thoroughly.