Baker's Yeast Allergy
उपशेते यदौचित्यादोक सात्म्यं तदुच्यते ||४९||
Baker's Yeast Allergy - Causes, Symptoms, and Ayurvedic Treatment
Food intolerance occurs when your body mistakes a harmless food protein as a threat and produces IgG antibodies, which may result in inflammation and discomfort. Yeast is a living fungus that is used as an active ingredient in many foods and drinks, especially baked goods (baker’s yeast) and alcoholic drinks (brewer’s yeast). Yeast allergy can affect the entire body, leading to skin reactions, changes in mood, and widespread body pain. These reactions can be dangerous and can cause long-term damage to the body.
According to Ayurveda Science, Asatmya means unwholesome and Satmya means suitability to some things, which are favorable for one’s own self. A substance can be Asatmya to an individual in the form of aahara and vihara which when consumed may cause an altered response in the body of that individual. All types of food allergies can be related to this concept.
Dr. Gupta’s IAFA successfully addresses this condition and provides very safe and effective treatment for Baker’s Yeast Allergy.
Causes of Baker's Yeast Allergy
Baker’s Yeast Allergy occurs when your body mistakes the substance yeast as a threat to our immune system and produces IgG antibodies which may result in inflammation and discomfort.
Ayurvedic References of Baker's Yeast Allergy
Symptoms of Baker's Yeast Allergy
Symptoms of a yeast allergy can vary from person to person, but they may include one or more of the following:
- Abdominal swelling
- Breathing difficulties
- Joint pain
- A yeast allergy will typically not cause a rash.
“Institute of Applied Food Allergy® Dr. Gupta’s IAFA – Our commitment is to help you understand your unique individual nature, to identify areas of imbalance, and to create a customized treatment program for all types of allergies.
Quality care. Right here! Reach Dr. Gupta’s IAFA for all your worries about your health.
– Allergist, Dr. Sahil Gupta
Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery
Master’s in Health Administration
Diet in Baker's Yeast Allergy
Do’s (Pathya) in Baker's Yeast Allergy
Recognizing Baker’s Yeast Allergy symptoms and taking prompt action if they develop. Items that you can eat or drink freely include:
- Soda breads, which are typically yeast-free
- Fruit smoothies
- Protein, such as unprocessed meat and fish
- Skim milk
- green vegetables
- Grains, such as brown rice, corn, barley, and rye
Don’ts (Apathya) in Baker's Yeast Allergy
Food items to be avoided:-
- Most breads and some baked goods, such as muffins, biscuits, croissants, or cinnamon rolls
- Cereal products
- Alcohol, especially beer, wine, and ciders
- Premade stocks, stock cubes, and gravies
- Vinegar and foods containing vinegar, such as pickles or salad dressing
- Aged meats and olives
- Fermented foods such as ripe cheeses and sauerkraut
- Dried fruits
- Blackberries, grapes, strawberries, and blueberries
- Buttermilk, synthetic cream, and yogurt
- Soy sauce, miso, and tamarind
- Citric acid
Yoga Therapy for Baker's Yeast Allergy
Yogasanas and pranayama are very effective in Baker’s Yeast Allergy.
- Nadishodhana Pranayama
- Bhastrika Pranayama
Ayurvedic Treatment for Baker's Yeast Allergy
Any dietary substance will become Asatmya to a person if there is improper digestive fire or Agni. Digestive fire of the body (Agni) becomes weak due to ama visha (metabolic toxin) formation in the body and causes an imbalance of doshas (Vata, Pitta, Kapha are life forces) in the body.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Baker’s Yeast Allergy involves Shamana chikitsa (internal medicines), Shodhana chikitsa (Panchakarma therapy), lifestyle modifications, and a very strict diet regimen.
Internal Medicines for Baker's Yeast Allergy
- Punarnavadi Kwatha
- Guluchyadi Kwatha
- Panchatiktakam Kwatha
- Aragwadhadi Kwatha
- Amrutha Guggulu
- Kaishora Guggulu Gulika
- Doosivishari Gulika
- Krimighna Vati
- Krimisodhini Vati
- Vilwadi Gulika
- Guggulu Tiktaka Ghritam
- Tiktakam Ghritam
- Maha Tiktaka Ghritam
- Kalyanakam Ghritam
- Hinguvachadi Churna
- Vaiswanara Churna
- Avipathi Churna
- Triphala Churna
Purificatory Therapies in Baker's Yeast Allergy
- Vamana (Emesis Therapy)
- Virechna (Purgation Therapy)
- Asthapanavasti (Medicated Enema)
Single Herbs for Baker's Yeast Allergy
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Chavya (Piper chaba)
- Sunthi (Zingiber officinale)
- Amlavetasa (Garcinia pedunculata)
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus)
- Maricha (Piper nigrum)
- Haridra (Curcuma longa)
- Kutaja (Holarrhena Antidysenterica)
- Bilwa (Aegle marmelos)
- Shri. Madhav Acharaya. Ayurved Prakash. Chaukhambha Bharati Prakashan, Varanasi, IV ed, Adhyaya 2 Shlok 21-24; 1994. P. 261.
- Dr. Brahmanand Tripathi. Charak Samhita, Charak Chandrika Hindi Commentary, Chaukhambha Surabharati Prakashan, Varanasi, Revised Edition 2001, Sutrasthan, Adhyay 1, Shlok No. 24. P. 9.
- Vd. Sadanand Sharma, Rasatarangini, Motilal Banarasidas Prakashan Delhi, VII ed, Tarang 9, Shlok No. 54-55 p. 208, shlok no. 12, p. 201, Tarang 11, shlok no. 19-20, p. 247.
Article Written By: Dr. Sahil Gupta, Ayurvedic Allergist