Do you know which plant-based milk has high protein in it and why you should go for High protein plant-based milk? If you are vegan by choice or for a safer environment or are just an animal lover, and to fulfil your protein requirement we have come up with an amazing article to give you a clear eye on the plant milk which has high protein. WebMD suggests that our body requires a certain amount of protein based on our age and our gender. On average adult men require around 56 gm of protein per day whereas adult women require 46 gm per day. Protein is important for your muscle, bones and whole bodybuilding.
It is vital to check whether you are getting enough protein from your daily intake of food or not. You might have heard that you can get enough protein by eating meat only but amazingly, we don’t need to eat meat always to get enough protein, there are plenty of alternatives which can suffice your daily protein need. If you want us to give info about all the vegan food that has high protein, do let us in the comments, we will surely come up with one. But for now, this article is all about the answer to your query, which is High protein plant-based milk?
Why do I have to Choose High-Protein Plant Milk?
Well, it’s just a myth that you can’t get enough proteins by eating plant-based foods. Many studies have shown that you can get enough protein by consuming vegan foods and I know that it’s hard for you to start your mornings without a warm cup of coffee or if you love adding the flavour of plant-based milk to your dishes, either way, isn’t it good to know which plant-based milk has high protein? If you ask for specific reasons, then we can tell that
- Plant-based milk can not only be used to make your coffee but can also be added to many dishes, fulfilling your daily protein needs.
- Plant-based milk is tastier and can add flavour to your gravy.
- You need to check your daily protein intake otherwise it can lead to protein deficiency.
Are you clear? Okay, let’s jump into High protein plant-based milk.
A Quick Glimpse of a Protein Amount
As per the USDA nutrient database, below is the chart provided to you, to get a glance at how much protein is present in some plant-based milk.
|Soya Milk:||7 gm|
|Pea Milk:||7 gm|
|Sesame Milk:||6.7 gm|
|Pistachio Milk:||6 gm|
|Hemp Milk:||4 gm|
|Oat Milk:||4 gm|
Note: The values may vary from time to time and from brand to brand. These are approximate ones.
Top 6 Plant-Based Milk with High Protein
After thorough research about plant milk with high protein, we have come up with 6 options to choose from. Some of them are commonly available in the market and you can choose any one based on your preferences. These are not only rich in proteins but also provide good nutritional value in terms of good fats, carbs, and calcium and are tastier too. Let’s discuss them one by one. High protein plant-based milk is essential to satiate your daily protein needs.
- Soya milk is pumped with healthy fats that are good for your heart health.
- It has an equal amount of protein as that of cows’ milk and is creamier just like dairy.
- Rich protein helps you to build muscle and fulfil your daily protein needs.
- It also has anti-carcinogenic properties.
- It has omega-3 fatty acids that are useful in the treatment of dementia.
- It has a slight bean flavour.
Note: Avoid it in case you have a soy allergy.
Pea milk is made from the extraction of proteins from yellow peas.
- An excellent choice for those with soy allergies as it has the same amount of protein.
- Hypoallergenic and a good alternative for dairy milk.
- Less in carbs and sugars.
- Low in calories and is good for weight loss.
- It has a good smooth consistency and creamy flavour.
So far, the above two are the best choice and stand out as High protein plant-based milk.
It is made from black sesame seeds and due to its rare availability, it comes in a little bit more expensive than almond milk.
- High in calories and good fats are favourable for those who want to put on some weight.
- Has more protein, almost similar to soya and pea milk.
- Good source of fibre and helps to relieve constipation issues.
- An excellent option for lattes as it is naturally sweet and blends well with your coffee.
It is derived from protein-rich pistachios and is often considered the best buddy to your creamy latte.
- It has a huge amount of protein and can be a good alternative to dairy milk.
- If you have a soy allergy, grab this. It can fulfil your protein.
- It has a good source of fibre and fats that are heart-friendly.
- It Aids good gut bacteria.
- Fibre keeps you full for a long period.
- Good shelf life makes it last longer and less spoiled.
Both sesame milk and pistachio milk also make up the list of High protein plant-based milk.
If you have a tree nut allergy, then hemp milk is a good option for you.
- Loaded with high proteins and good fats that are heart healthy.
- It has an earthy flavour and a creamy texture.
- On the contrary belief, it doesn’t cause any addictive effects.
- Most of the fats of hemp milk are polyunsaturated fats which help in keeping you away from heart diseases.
- Good choice for those with lactose intolerance and gluten allergies.
Oat milk is full of fibre and is gut friendly.
- High in calories and carbs and can be your best friend in your weight gain journey.
- Rich in vitamins especially riboflavin.
- High fibre is present which makes your stools pass easily.
- Fibre can make you feel full.
- Naturally sweetened.
Note: It should be avoided by those who have celiac disease.
The above 6 Plant-Based Milk are the best options available in the market that have good sources of protein. Some of them are popular and some of them are not. But, don’t worry, plant-based milk can be prepared easily at home without putting any extra penny and effort, that’s the beauty of veganism itself.
We hope you have a good list of High protein plant-based milk to choose from. Do let us know through email which plant-based milk you’re gonna have in your kitchen.
If you have any kind of allergies that are mentioned above or any other ones too and if you got sick of trying alternative therapies, then you are at the right place. Because IAFA has it all. The best ayurvedic therapy, best-personalised diet and help from our team whenever you need it.
Book an online consultation now and talk with our Ayurveda allergy specialist Dr. Gupta. IAFA has a successful history of treating various types of allergies by using ancient ayurvedic herbs worldwide, yes we are not limited only to India, we have been thriving by making your lives happier and healthier.