Tree Nut Allergy
Tree Nut Allergy
Tree nut allergies are among the most common food allergies in both children and adults. The six tree nut allergies most commonly reported by children and adults are allergies to walnut, almond, hazelnut, pecan, cashew and pistachio. Most children who are allergic to one or more tree nuts do not outgrow their tree nut allergy. An allergic reaction usually happens within minutes after being exposed to an allergen, when proteins in the nut bind to IgE antibodies made by the person’s immune system. This binding triggers the person’s immune defences, leading to reaction. Anaphylaxis is the most serious type of allergic reaction.
According to Ayurveda Science Asatmya means unwholesome and Satmya means suitability to some things, which are favorable for one’s own self. A substance can be Asatmya to an individual in the form of aahara and vihara which when consumed may cause an altered response in the body of that individual. All types of food allergies can be related with this concept.
Dr. Gupta’s IAFA successfully address this condition and provides very safe and effective treatment for Tree Nut Allergy
Causes of Tree Nut Allergy
Tree nuts can cause a severe, potentially life-threatening allergic reaction (anaphylaxis). Allergic reactions can be unpredictable, and even very small amounts of tree nut can cause one.
Ayurvedic Reference of Tree Nut Allergy
Symptoms ofTree Nut Allergy
- Abdominal Pain, Including Cramping And Upset Stomach
- Nausea And/or Vomiting
- Trouble Swallowing
- Itching of The Mouth, Throat, Skin, Eyes, Hands, Or Other Body Regions
- Shortness of Breath and Difficulty Breathing
- Nasal Congestion or Runny Nose
Anaphylaxis is rare, but it’s the most severe form of allergic response. Symptoms of anaphylaxis include:
- Swollen Throat
- Passing Out
- Trouble Swallowing
- A Red Rash with Hives
“Institute of Applied Food Allergy® is committed towards providing the outstanding care for the treatment for Tree nut allergy”. Cure all allergies naturally through Dr. GuptaIAFA!!!
Quality care. Right here! Reach Dr. Gupta’s IAFA for all your worries about your health.
-Allergist, Dr. Sahil Gupta
Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery
Master’s in Health Administration
Diet in Tree Nut Allergy
Do’s (Pathya) in Tree Nut Allergy
- Avoid all tree nuts and peanuts, as well as products that contain them and products that have undergone processing in the same facilities as these foods.
- Recognizing nut allergy symptoms and taking prompt action if they develop.
Don’ts (Apathya) in Tree Nut Allergy
Avoid these and look for them on food labels:
- Nut butters. Almond, cashew, peanut, and others
- Nut pastes. Includes products like marzipan, almond paste, and nougat
- Nut oils. Includes cold-pressed or expressed peanut oil, and others
- Hydrolyzed plant or vegetable protein. These can have peanuts in them.
- Peanut flour
- Nut extracts, like almond extract
Yoga Therapy for Tree Nut Allergy
Yogasanas and pranayama are very effective in Tree NutAllergy.
- Nadishodhana Pranayama
- Bhastrika Pranayama
Ayurvedic Treatment for Tree Nut Allergy
Any dietary substance will become Asatmya to a person if there is improper digestive fire or Agni. Digestive fire of body (Agni) becomes weak due to amavisha (metabolic toxin) formation in the body and causes imbalance of doshas (Vata, Pitta, Kapha are life forces) in body. Treatment involves Shamanachikitsa (internal medicines), Shodhanachikitsa (Panchakarma therapy), life style modifications and very strict diet regimen.
Internal Medicines forTree Nut Allergy
- Guluchyadi Kashaya
- Drakshadi Kashaya
- Vamana (emesis therapy),
- Virechna (purgation therapy)
- Asthapanavasti (medicated enema)
Single herbs used in Tree Nut Allergy
- Pippalimoola (Piper longum)
- Chavya (Piper chaba)
- Sunthi (Zingiberofficinale)
- Amlavetasa (Garcinia pedunculata)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Chitraka (Plumbagozeylanica)
- Maricha (Piper nigrum)
- Haridra (Curcuma longa)
- Bilwa (Aegle marmelos)
- Musta (Cyperusrotundus)
Article Written By: Dr. Sahil Gupta, Ayurvedic Allergist