Seborrheic dermatitis is an auto-immune or allergic reaction that can be usually seen on the scalp, face, neck, and upper parts of the body. You can observe red scaly patches in case of seborrheic dermatitis.
Well, it is a chronic condition, which means one cannot completely cure this disease but if one can follow natural herbs and home remedies along with the prescribed medicines then they can find relief.
Does Seborrheic Dermatitis Go Away Naturally?
Seborrheic dermatitis in children can go on its own after a few months but in teens and adults based on the preferred diet, hygiene maintenance, and the presence of good immunity, it can go on its own and in some people, it can persist and require proper treatment.
Also Read – A Case Study – Successful Ayurvedic Treatment of Seborrheic Dermatitis and Yeast Allergy
Natural Ways to Get Rid of Seborrheic Dermatitis
1. Herbs and Home Remedies that Will Treat Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Aloe Vera: aloe Vera is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Either consumption of this herb internally or applying topically over the affected area would give the best results.
- Tea Tree Oil: usually oil seems to worsen the condition, but tea tree oil has antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory benefits which make it stand apart. You can choose for shampoos, or oils that contain tea tree oil which can give you great results.
- Olive Oil: For the best results, apply olive oil before washing your hair to remove scales from your scalp.
- Neem: Neem helps in the Natural Treatment of Seborrheic Dermatitis as it has antibacterial and antifungal properties which can be useful in the treatment of fungus-causing dandruff.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric either taken internally or applied topically can reduce inflammation and treat seborrheic dermatitis.
- Liquorice Root: Licorice root has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties and can be used in the form of cream or ointment to treat seborrheic dermatitis.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil can be applied topically to moisturize the skin and reduce scaling and redness.
- Sveta Kutaj: Sveta Kutaj is a well-known herb used in the treatment of inflammatory skin conditions like Eczema, Psoriasis, Seborrheic dermatitis, and more. You can have herbal medicines in which Sveta Kutaj is the main ingredient.
- Makoye: Makoye is an ancient well-known herb for the treatment of inflammatory disease because of its highly potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and immune system support.
More Home Remedies for Seborrheic Dermatitis
Home remedies can help to manage flare-ups and can provide relief but not completely cure the condition. Here are some home remedies for seborrheic dermatitis:
- Regular cleansing
- Moderate sunlight exposure
- Stress management
- Consuming probiotics help in strengthening gut bacteria and balancing overall bodily functions.
- Applying Aloe Vera over the affected areas can reduce inflammation and soothe the skin and scalp.
2. Customized Treatment for Seborrheic Dermatitis by IAFA Ayurveda
IAFA Ayurveda offers the best treatment for seborrheic dermatitis and has treated more than hundreds of patients with seborrheic dermatitis naturally by using IAFA’S herbal medicines, diet, and lifestyle modifications. IAFA’S Herbal Medicines for Seborrheic Dermatitis:-
- IAFA 333 Oil for local application on the affected areas, it has skin inflammatory-reducing herbs like Sveta kutaj, sirisha, and Nimbalkar blended with coconut oil. Apply on the dry scalp and leave it for a few minutes twice a day and also during the allergic response to provide moisturization to the affected scalp.
- IAFA Skin Fresh Bar can be used instead of a normal bathing bar as it would be gentle on the skin, provides no irritation, and also retains moisture.
- IAFA 333 Shampoo is made of herbs that treat seborrheic dermatitis and works best against allergic scalp disorders.
- Bhoomi Amla Swaras works directly on the gut and eliminates Ama Visha (toxins) from the body and strengthens the immune system.
- Makoye Swaras is a well-known herbal medicine specially made for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis.
- Pitpapra Capsules help in the reduction of vitiated pitta dosha and decrease excessive inflammation in the body.
3. Diet and Lifestyle in Seborrheic Dermatitis – As Per Ayurveda
Ayurveda highly recommends following a diet that is rich in nutrition and fresh. Avoiding packaged and preservative-added foods can reduce inflammation in the body and helps in relieving the symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis.
Lifestyle changes like the regular practice of yoga and meditation reduce inflammation and stress-releasing mediators which can decrease excessive inflammation in the body thereby treating seborrheic dermatitis.
4. A Hygienic Routine that Treats Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Cleansing hair and the scalp with mild hygiene products rather than using harsh chemicals.
- Avoiding over usage of harsh cosmetic products.
- Avoid regularly oiling the scalp as oil promotes the growth of fungus that can help to Get Rid of Seborrheic Dermatitis.
- It’s better to use mild shampoos and products that have the above herbs.
- Consumption of omega fats and probiotics reduces inflammation and improves the symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis.
A Quick Wrap Up
Seborrheic dermatitis is an inflammatory disease that can be relieved with the use of herbal medicines, following an ayurvedic diet, and leaving a sedentary lifestyle, surely can be improved by adopting a hygienic skin routine. The key to treating seborrheic dermatitis is to follow a good ayurvedic diet that is rich in anti-inflammatory properties and regular practice of yoga and meditation to flush away toxins and remove stress, to wrap up, less inflammation in the body means less risk of seborrheic dermatitis.
IAFA Ayurveda offers you the best treatment for the cure of seborrheic dermatitis by prescribing you the best ayurvedic herbal medicines with zero side effects and no worry of recurrence of the disease. Dr. Sahil Gupta has treated more than hundreds of seborrheic dermatitis patients and more than 50000+ patients suffering from allergies, fungal infections, and other lifestyle disorders. If you’ve seborrheic dermatitis, book an online consultation now with Dr. Sahil Gupta and get rid of it naturally.