On This Page
Chia seeds, sometimes called salvia hispanica, are well known for having several health advantages since they contain vital minerals and nutrients. The ability of this whole-grain choice to aid in weight loss, improve bone health, and improve cardiovascular health has led scientists to label it a superfood. The consumption of chia seeds can enhance a person’s general health. These edible seeds are extremely practical and aid in reducing hunger. Because they are filled with powerful nutrients, chia seeds are proven to improve diets. To learn more about the advantages, nutrition, and side effects of chia seeds, keep reading.
Synonyms of Chia Seeds
- Salvia hispanica L.
- Mexican chia
- Salba chia
Nutrition Facts of Chia Seeds
Phytochemical Constituents of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds have 8.8% of phenolic compounds. Excluding that, high levels of:-
- Caffeic acid
- Chlorogenic acid
- Rosmarinic acid
Therapeutic Uses of Chia Seeds
- Weight Loss
Yes, some foods can both give you energy and help you lose weight. To get the most of it, add chia seeds to smoothies or combine them with almonds or dry fruits. Chia seeds help you feel fuller for longer periods, which helps to reduce appetite. Chia seeds help people lose weight by being high in healthy fats and low in calories.
- Aids in Constipation
Chia seeds are a source of insoluble fiber when exposed to water, and transform into a gel. This helps your bowel motions and thickens your stool, which relieves constipation.
- Boost metabolism and energy
Chia seeds are a great source of energy-boosting vitamins, zinc, iron, and magnesium. The seeds can be added to your preferred smoothie to give you a revitalizing energy boost. Additionally, chia seeds can speed up metabolism.
- Rich In Antioxidants
We are all aware of how crucial antioxidants are. And chia seeds are a rich source of them. Antioxidants benefit not just the cells but also the skin because they lessen the effects of aging. Additionally, it has been discovered that the antioxidants in chia seeds lower the risk of heart disease and cancer.
Home Remedies of Chia Seeds
- Chia and coconut oil work together to deeply hydrate your skin, while lemon provides a zesty twist. This face mask can brighten your skin’s tone and give it a youthful, fresh appearance.
- Chia seed face packs help reduce sebum production on the skin and stop acne and pimples from developing.
- Chia seeds are excellent for hair, and the chia seed hair mask will give you magnificent, lustrous hair.
- Chia and aloe together create a hydrating slurry that is simple to use on your hair. The majority of hair and scalp types can use this vegan, gluten-free, and entirely homemade hair gel.
Ayurvedic Aspects of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds, often referred to as “Salba” in Hindi, are a cooling agent that aids in the retention of our body’s water content and keeps us hydrated. Chia seeds are excellent during the summer or Grishmaritu because they help us stay hydrated, stay agile, and combat the heat.
One of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acid, which boosts immunity, regulates blood pressure, and maintains the heart strong and healthy, is chia seeds. They are one of the main components in the majority of cosmetics since they keep the skin from drying out and breaking while also making it soft and radiant.
Daily Dose: A regular consumption of chia seeds a day, which amounts to 25 to 38 grams a day.
Side Effects of Chia Seeds
- Food allergy: Some individuals are allergic to chia seeds. Chia seed allergies may manifest as symptoms such as itching and swelling of the mouth, nausea, headaches, and more.
- Lower Blood sugar levels: Because chia seeds have high fiber content, they cause our digestion to take longer, which lowers our insulin resistance and lowers blood glucose levels.
- Lower blood pressure: Chia seeds work as a blood thinner and may significantly lower your blood pressure because they are a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Digestive issues: Chia seeds provide a lot of fiber. You could experience digestive issues and stomach irritation if you eat it in excess. since they may affect digestion.
Chia seeds provide a wealth of amazing advantages, from promoting weight loss to enhancing bone and cardiovascular health. You can use these small seeds as a garnish or as a component of a dessert. Simply include chia seeds in your diet to enjoy all of its advantages. If you experience any side effects or chia seeds allergy, you need to see a health expert. IAFA® treats all the allergies effectively by using natural herbs so you can consult Dr. Gupta at IAFA® if you notice any Chia Seeds Allergy.