Spirulina is a dietary supplement considered as a super food as it is rich in nutrients. It is a blue-green algae found commonly in fresh water as well salt water bodies around the world and predominantly near the island regions. As per IAFA, we suggestproper intake of spirulina will lead to the total health of an individual. Spirulina is considered to be the natural and safest energy booster.
IAFA, researches have proved that Spirulina is good supplement for protein deficient conditions as well as for general body build up.
Ingredients of Spirulina
In 10 grams of Spirulina powder contains,
- Proteins- 0.59 grams
- Carbohydrates- 0.24 grams
- Fats- 0.04 grams
- Vitamin B1-11% of recommended dietary allowance
- Vitamin B2-15% of recommended dietary allowance
- Vitamin B3-4% of recommended dietary allowance
- Iron-11% of recommended dietary allowance
- Copper-21% of recommended dietary allowance
Compared to the other products, Spirulina is a low calorie high nutrient supplement, which can assure almost all the required nutrients even in a small quantity. If taking as per proper medical advice Spirulina is a good choice for balanced nutrition.
Daily dose of spirulina
1-10 grams of spirulina can be taken daily by an individual. The accurate quantity must be fixed after consulting a specialist doctor. Those who are having history of difficulties after intake of spirulina must consult a doctor to check the possibility of allergy. The intake of spirulina should be strictly based on recommendation by a specialist.
Use of Spirulina in health conditions
Spirulina as a food is suggested in case of
- Weight loss
- Mental and physical stress
- Women health problems and
- Memory related ailments
It is considered to be one among the major available anti-oxidants. In general it helps on cell repair and can be used by the people who are in need of cell repair therapy. Anti-ageing and anti-cancerous studies have been also successfully conducted to prove the efficiency of spirulina.
The presence of chlorophyll is making spirulina as a quick energy provider. IAFA is manufacturing highly nutrient specific good quality spirulina to assure best product to our clients.
Spirulina is playing an important role in balancing the diet. As it is easily available and highly nutritive, it can be easily incorporated to our daily nutrition plan.
- Spirulina can be added directly to soups. As it is not suggested for direct cooking of spirulina, it can be added to boiled and cooled down vegetable soups.1-10 grams of spirulina will enough for adding in to 200 ml of vegetable soup
- 1-10 grams of spirulina can be made in to a smoothie along with fresh coconut, cucumber and spinach along with adequate of water.
- 1-10 grams of spirulina can be taken in capsule form along with normalmeals for making it a balanced one.
Article Written By: Dr. Sahil Gupta, Ayurvedic Allergist