Let’s understand what to eat and what to avoid (Gluten-Free Diet Plan) if suffering from Gluten Allergy. In some people, when they take gluten-rich food, the body’s immune system overreacts to it. This reaction damages the villi of the small intestine. Due to the damage of the villi, the body doesn’t get enough nutrients.
As the sensitivity to the gluten causes the digestive tract to work less effectively, it causes serious damage and the patient has to face problems that can go beyond the digestive system as the long-term damage to the small intestine may affect other parts of the body as well.
Some of the Severe Symptoms of Gluten Allergy
- Thin and weak bones
- Complications in pregnancy
- Poor oral health
Ayurvedic practitioners believe in following a holistic regimen that includes changes in diet and lifestyle as well. Ayurveda is all about balance and now it’s your turn to find it.
Gluten-Free Diet for Western Countries
Many Natural Gluten-Free Foods Can Be a Part of Healthy Diet that Include:
|Sr. No.||Foods to Include:-|
|1.||Seasonal fruits and vegetables|
|2.||Beans, seeds, legumes (in natural and processed form)|
|3.||Amaranth / Amarante / Huautli (Amaranthus cruentus), Arrowroot / Arrurruz / Marante (Maranta arundinacea), Buckwheat / Sarrasin / Alforfon (Fagopyrum esculentum), Flaxseed / La graine de lin / Semilla de lino (Linum usitatissimum)|
|4.||Gluten-free flours such as rice /arroz rojo / riz bouilli (Oryza sativa), soy / soja / le soya (Glycine max), bean flour / les grains / frijoles (Phaseolus vulgaris)|
|5.||Millets / mijo / le millet (Pennisetum glaucum), Sorghum / sorgho / sorgo (Sorghum bicolor)|
|6.||Tapioca (Cassava Root) / fecule / la tapioca (Manihot esculenta)|
Foods to Avoid:
- Foods containing preservatives, stabilizers, synthetic colors, etc.
- Communion wafers
- Baked goods
- Seafood, imitation meats, processed luncheon meats
- Beers and vinegar
- Seasoned snack foods like potato chips and tortilla
- Self-basting poultry
Gluten-Free Diet for South Indians
Foods to be Included:-
|Sr. No.||Foods to be Included|
|1.||Rice and its products like poha, puffed rice, idli, dosa, etc.|
|2.||Soya flour, Ragi flour, Jowar, Masala Vadai prepared from chana dal|
|3.||Dosa prepared from buckwheat (kuttu dosa), requires no fermentation.|
|4.||All freshly cooked vegetables.|
|5.||All fresh and seasonal fruits.|
Foods to be Avoided:
- Beers and vinegar
- Food prepared from refined flour like bread, biscuits, pastries, cakes, kulcha, naan, etc.
- Whole wheat flour and its products
4 Home Remedies for Gluten Allergy
There are many herbs and spices that are available in Indian kitchens which can re-stoke the digestive fire and purge the toxins too. These are:
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale): Ginger is a well-known spice that is useful in relieving nausea, gastritis, and indigestion associated with gluten allergy. It helps in stimulating the gastric enzymes and promotes healthy digestion.
- Haridra (Curcuma longa): Due to the presence of curcumin, turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties. The anti-inflammatory property of turmeric is so strong that it can be comparable to pharmaceutical options available in the market.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple Cider Vinegar is rich in enzymes that aids digestion, relieves inflammation, and encourages the growth of gut-friendly bacteria.
- Marshmallow Root: Marshmallow root reduces inflammation, gastritis and repairs gut lining.
Herbal Juice to Support the Digestion of Gluten Rich Foods
In modern medicine, skipping gluten is the only way out. It definitely helps in making the digestion smoother but it doesn’t address the root of the problem. An eminent doctor in the field of Ayurveda will help you in soothing the stomach and get the fire burning again.
If you eat gluten-inclusive food products, Ayurvedic herbal juice Aahar Amrutham Ras manufactured by IAFA® Ayurveda India can help to assuage your symptoms.
Aahar Amrutham Ras is a pure Herbal Juice anciently known as Swaras consisting of 5 potent natural herbs to support the digestion of a wide range of foods. The major herbs used in this herbal formulation are: Chotti Dudhi (Euphorbia thymifolia), Shrifal (Aegle marmelos), Bhoomi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri) and Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa).