Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) / VatikaUnmada
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is a long-lasting condition that starts from childhood and may continue to adulthood. It constitutes various symptoms like lack of concentration, impulsivity, lack of self-esteem etc. It may affect academic, career and family life of affected individual. Early diagnosis and prompt treatment will help to resolve the embarrassing manifestations of ADHD. Ayurveda explains the disorder VatikaUnmada that is closely related to the symptoms of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Ayurveda has effective and exclusive treatment protocol to reduce the intensity of ADHD symptoms. Dr.Gupta’s IAFAhas aimed on executing the treatment advised by Ayurveda for ADHD through well-equipped infrastructure. IAFA aims at safeguarding thehealth of every individual through Ayurveda.
Causes of ADHD
Exact reason for the occurrence of ADHD is still not clear. Central nervous system involving brain is supposed to be affected. Genetic factors, environmental aspects, ill effects of food or medicine during pregnancy period etc. are considered as some of the probable reasons.
Ayurveda details the reasons for occurrence of ADHD as follows;
- Unfavourable, improperly prepared food and water
- Improper timing of food intake
- Mental depression
- Over fatigued
- Mental factors like anger, grief etc.
These factors if affect a person with low mental power, symptoms of ADHD may be observed
Ayurvedic Reference of VatikaUnmada-ADHD
The symptoms of ADHD may be obvious before the age of 12 years. The symptoms can be mild, moderate or severe. There will be behavioural changes in girls and boys and is more usually found to affect boys than girls. Major symptoms include:
- Increased activity
- Inability to concentrate on things
- Impulsive actions
- Lack of self-esteem
- Inability to keep relations
- Inability to follow instructions
- Lack of interest in focus requiring games and plays
- Interrupt other’s talk
Many of these symptoms developed in childhood may continue over adulthood also. This may result in non-acceptance by friends, colleagues and relatives.
Ayurveda explains symptoms similar to ADHD as listed below:
- Emaciated body
- Inappropriate emotional expressions like crying, anger, laughing etc.
- Imitate sound of music instruments
- Over talking
- Constantly changing concentration
“Institute of Applied Food Allergy® is ensuring effective management of ADHD through the essence of Ayurveda. Dr.GuptaIAFA provides genuine Ayurvedic treatment to reduce intensity of ADHD symptoms and to uplift the child’s physical, mental and social wellbeing.
Choose, IAFA for an Ayurvedicmental rejuvenation!!!
-Allergist, Dr. Sahil Gupta
Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery
Master’s in Health Administration
Diet in Food Poisoning
- Bath 2 times / day
- Sweet food
- Adequate amount of food
- Light, digestible and timely food
- Good sleep
- Give accurate instructions to child
- Assign good task for child
- Be supportive to child
- Encourage doing exercise through games.
- Spicy food
- Junk food
- Non vegetarian food especially meat
Yoga and Pranayama for ADHD
Regular practice of yoga is very beneficial to attain concentration, stability and calmness. Children can train Yoga asanas (postures) slowly and should be continued as a part of life. Following postures will be effective:
Pranayama helps to attain balance of body movements and to achieve concentration. Simple breathing exercises can be practised and this will enhance self-confidence as well as controlled behavioural patterns.
Ayurvedic Treatment of ADHD
Ayurveda incorporates treatment protocol combining internal medicines, external medicines and treatment procedures involving purification therapies.
- Siroabhyanga (Oil massage on head)
- Sirodhara (Pouring medicated oil/ liquids on forehead)
- Kheeradhara (Pouring medicated milk on whole body)
- Siropichu (Retaining cotton soaked in medicated oil on head)
- Nasya (Nasal installation of medicine)
- Vasti (Enema)
- Snehapana (Administration of ghee)
Single herbs used in Ayurveda are,
- Aswagandha (Withaniasomnifera)
- Brahmi (Bacopamonnieri)
- Mandukaparni (Centellaasiatica)
- Amalaki (Emblicaofficinalis)
Article Written By: Dr. Sahil Gupta, Ayurvedic Allergist