The allergic progression started due to wrong introduction to solid food in children which may results into multiple Food allergies and later on Atopic dermatitis and Asthma. Institute of Applied Food Allergy® always recommends soft, easily digestible and low histamines food as a natural treatment for food allergies in children.
As in multiple food allergies patient are in phase of histamine intolerance and symptoms like bloating, regurgitation and skin rashes are very common. As per Ayurveda due to the weak digestive fire (Agni) the microbial activities in the stomach aggravated and results in Aama Visha (difficult to digest products generated) within the body or we can say that toxins accumulation within the body according to modern aspect. This results in Vata, Pitta and Kapha doshas imbalance. So we have to balance dosha as per Ayurvedic principles to cure food allergies. Dr. Gupta’s IAFA in his Ayurvedic treatment for food allergies recommends the food having properties like digestion stimulation, ph balance and enzymatic action balancing to strengthen the digestive fire. Such food helps to eliminate Aama Visha from the body and balance VPK doshas.
Children suffering from multiple food allergies should have to follow low histamines food in diet such as rice, gluten free grains, and dairy substitutes such as coconut milk, almond milk and non GMO fresh vegetables. Try to take food that is not acidic in nature although stomach has a ph balance which ranges from 2.0 to 3.5 which is highly acidic. Healthy, light and easily digestible food intake is also acts as an alternative treatment for food allergies.
Things To Do In Multiple Food Allergies
- Lactose free milk
- Non-dairy creamers (read labels to make it sure)
- Rice water
- Intake of lesser quantity of food
- Light and easily digestible food
- Frequent intake of small amounts of lukewarm water
- More fiber containing fruits and vegetables
- Eat salads without salt
- Take a green food supplement once a day
- Take old rice, buckwheat, ragi, whole corn, millets and gluten free oats.
- Fruits and fresh juice of pomegranate and apple on daily basis.
Standard Food That Are To Be Avoided In Multiple Food Allergies
- Dairy: cow’s milk, whey, casein, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt.
- Meat and Poultry: beef, chicken, lamb, pork, chicken, eggs white (chicken), egg yolk (chicken), whole egg (duck), turkey.
- Grains: amaranth, barley, gliadin (wheat), gluten, oat, rye, whole wheat.
- Sea foods: lobster, clam, cod, crab, halibut, scallop, salmon, shrimp, red snapper, sole, tuna.
- Vegetables: avocado, garlic, mushroom, olive (black), spinach, tomato, eggplant, ladyfinger, capsicum.
- Nuts: hazelnut, peanut, sesame seed, cashew nut, pistachio nut.
- Legumes: green pea, kidney bean, lentil, lima bean, pinto bean, string bean, soy bean, chick pea.
- Fruits: banana, grape (red), grapefruit, lemon, orange, papaya, pineapple, plum.
- Miscellaneous: coffee bean, cocoa (chocolate) bean, honey, baker’s yeast, brewer’s yeast, sugar cane.
Specific Diet Plan In Children having Multiple Food Allergies Upto The Age of 1 To 2 Years
- Gluten free oats made with vegetables like carrot, bottle guard, turnip etc in the breakfast. Add either jiggery or rock salt as per taste.
- Take pomegranate juice (Dadima swaras) 30-50ml in breakfast.
- Take preferably three lentils either moong dal yellow, moong dal green or arhar (Tuhar) dal with rice in lunch. Soak the lentils in lukewarm water for 2-3 hours before cooking.
- Take Bilva fruit juice 30-50ml in lunch.
- Take khichdi made of rice, moong dal, cumin, turmeric, rock salt and ghee in dinner.
Try to start with a cup of 30-50ml of soup before lunch and dinner prepared with apple, beet root and carrot. Add rock salt as per taste.
Specific Diet Plan in Children having Multiple Food Allergies Upto The Age of 6 months To 1 Years
- Make a puree of steam Rice and Apple. Add turmeric and ghee as per requirements. Add one of them either jiggery or rock salt as per taste.
- Take Bilva fruit juice 10ml in the breakfast.
- Make a puree of dry roasted powder of gluten free oats with vegetables like carrot, lauki, turnip. Add cumin, turmeric, rock salt and ghee as per taste.
- Take pomegranate juice (Dadima swaras) 10-20ml in the noon.
- Make khichdi made of rice, dal (preferably three lentils moong dal yellow or moong dal green or arhar (tuhar) dal). Add vegetables like carrot, lauki, turnip. Add cumin, turmeric, rock salt and ghee as per taste. Serve this khichdi in dinner on daily basis.
- Puffed Rice powder with apple or vegetable puree: Take puffed rice (Murmure). Roast it, make powder of this and add in apple puree. Serve it anytime.
- Makhane also known as Fox nut or Gorgon nut with apple puree: Take dry roasted powder of Makhane and add this in apple puree. Serve it anytime.
- Home Made Cerelac: Take yellow gram split, green gram split and rice. Soaked in lukewarm water for 3-4 hours. Dry and roast it in pan at low flame to remove moisture. Grind it well to make it in a powder form. Mix this homemade cerelac in lukewarm water and serve. You can use this homemade cerelac for travelling purpose.
Herbal Remedies For Food Allergies in Children
Modern allopath is only based on symptomatic treatment of food allergies so peoples are now looking for herbal treatment for food allergies. Dr. Gupta’s IAFA suggests herbs like fennel water, cumin water and curry leaves regularly in patients suffering from multiple food allergies. This will improve Agni as well as enhance absorption also that will stimulate digestive enzyme secretions which will further improve digestion, absorption and clear away the accumulated toxins out of the body.
- Cumin Water: Add 1-2gm teaspoon of cumin in 60ml of water. Use a low flame and let the water boil gradually so that properties of herb persist and it will not evaporate. Strain than out and serve after few minutes.
- Fennel Water: Add 1-2gm teaspoon of fennel in 60ml of water. Use a low flame and let the water boil gradually so that properties of herb persist and it will not evaporate. Strain than out and serve after few minutes.
Children 6 months to 1 Year: 1-2 teaspoon once in a day.
Children age of 1-5 Years: 20-50ml once in a day.