Jock Itch, also known as Tinea Cruris is a type of ringworm that lives in the warm and moist places of the body like the groin area and causes an itchy skin rash. It is a fungal infection that usually spreads by coming into contact with another infected person. The condition is usually common in athletes, people who are overweight, or sweat excessively, all of which leads to the trapping of moisture in the folds and the development of this skin rash.
Causes of Jock Itch
Jock Itch is commonly caused by a fungus named dermatophytes. The fungus thrives in warm and hot temperatures and grows rapidly in the presence of moisture.
The condition mostly originates in one person due to the growth of this fungus but might spread to the other by coming into contact with this infected person.
In some cases, if you have an athlete’s foot, the infection might spread to the groin area by touch and lead to a jock itch.
Symptoms of Jock Itch
- A red and itchy rash.
- Rash that resembles a ringworm
- Circular edges and scales on the rash surface
- Cracking of the skin
- Peeling and drying of the skin.
- Inflammation of the affected area.
- Burning sensation.
- Wearing tight or synthetic clothes.
- Wearing tight underwear.
- Coming in contact with an infected person.
- Wearing clothes that are wet or have moisture.
- If you are overweight.
- A wet bathing suit is worn for a long time.
- Sharing items of personal clothing, bedding, or towels with an infected person.
- A weak immune system.
- If you’re suffering from diabetes.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Jock Itch
Jock Itch though usually is not serious, if left untreated can lead to further skin complications and cause extreme discomfort. For Ayurvedic treatment of Jock Itch, let us go through some preventive tips along with home and herbal remedies that will naturally help in reducing the risk of contracting Jock Itch.
Preventive Tips for Jock Itch
- Avoid scratching the infected area as it not only worsens the rash but also increases the risk of spreading the infection to other parts of the body.
- Thoroughly wash and dry your intimate and groin area.
- Avoid sharing towels and items of personal clothing with anybody.
- Properly wash your groin with antibacterial soap.
- Always prefer loose clothing with breathable fabrics like cotton to avoid the trapping of moisture.
- Immediately change your workout clothes post working out and wash them properly in hot water.
- If you’re infected with jock itch, use a separate towel to stop the infection from spreading to the other parts of the body.
Home and Herbal Remedies for Jock Itch
- The application of various essential oils helps in the natural and fast healing of Jock Itch due to the antibacterial and antifungal properties of these natural oils. A few of them are:
- Tea tree oil
- Eucalyptus oil
- Neem oil
- Peppermint oil
- Bitter orange oil
- Garlic is also rich in antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that promote natural and organic healing of different skin infections and allergies.
- Oatmeal, when soaked in water and applied over the infected area, helps in relieving inflammation and itching due to its natural properties.
- Coconut Oil is cool in potency and rich in medicinal and organic healing properties. When applied over a jock itch, it provides relief from itching and burning and also prevents moisture from re-entering the rash by providing a protective seal.
- AF-7 Tablet and AF-7 Oil by IAFA® help in fighting against fungal and bacterial infections that lead to different skin complications. These herbal products by IAFA® are composed of the goodness of 18 skin-friendly herbs like Cassia Fistula, Azadirachta indica, Symplocos Racemosa, Prunus Cerasoides, Commiphora Mukul, etc. help in the natural healing and recovery from a jock itch.
The oil may be applied on any skin type for effective results and is completely natural and hundred percent free from chemicals, preservatives, or fillers.
Natural healing and treatment measures promote overall recovery without interfering with our body processes. Almost all kinds of skin allergies and infections such as Jock Itch can be cured by effective Ayurvedic Treatment measures. To know more about Ayurvedic healing for other ailments and infections, contact us now.