Candidiasis is a fungal infection caused by the Candida yeast. Candida is normally and naturally found on the skin and inside the body in a balanced number. Its overgrowth or imbalance is something that can cause infections and skin conditions in the body. Its normally found in the mouth, vagina, gut, and throat.
Few common areas of the infection and their distinctive set of symptoms include:
|Part of the Body||Symptoms|
|Navel or folds of the skin|
|Angular Stomatitis (corners of the mouth)|
Causes of Candidiasis
A set of few common causes of contracting a candida infection include:
- Weak immune system.
- An improper and imbalanced diet that lacks proper nutrition.
- Environmental toxins.
- Excessive intake of sugar or starch.
- Lack of exercise of physical activity.
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Obesity or endocrine disorders.
- Hormonal changes.
Treatment of Candidiasis is extremely important as if not managed it can be chronic in nature. Its treatment in the initial stages is essential as yeast is a living organism that tends to grow and spread in the body. If the yeast reaches the bloodstream, there are chances for the infection to spread throughout the body.
In this article, we shall talk about an Ayurvedic approach to treat candidiasis permanently using different methodologies of Ayurveda, along with various herbs and spices.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Candidiasis
An ayurvedic approach for the treatment of candidiasis focuses on managing and treating the underlying cause with lifestyle and diet management, panchakarma therapy, and various herbs and spices in contrast to allopathy that works against the symptoms and subsides them for a short period of time, only to let them return and reappear in greater intensity.
Therefore, Ayurveda can be completely trusted for its organic approach to treating various ailments. Now let’s move ahead to learn about its various techniques to treat Candidiasis permanently.
The 5 Step Procedure of Ayurveda to Treat Candidiasis:-
- Restoration of Agnimandya.
- Rebuilding Ojas.
- Destroying the Infection.
- Promoting Immunity.
Herbs for Candidiasis
The first step of an Ayurvedic Treatment, involving the restoration of Agnimandya makes use of various herbs. These include:
- Garlic: The antibacterial and anti-fungal properties of garlic make it an excellent herb to fight against candida. It may either be consumed raw in salads or dips or cooked in food to consume on a daily basis.
- Neem: Neem is considered a medicinal herb not only in Ayurveda but also by the Chinese, as it absorbs the free radicals in the body and restores the body to good health. These radicals if left free are capable of damaging the healthy cells and spreading infections in the body.
- Asparagus: According to a 2009 study, asparagus is not just a relishing vegetable but also its tubers and roots are extremely powerful as medications for thrush.
- Ginger: Dried ginger is another ingredient readily found in Indian homes. Its powerful roots offer anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and digestive tract stimulating properties.
- Guduchi: Guduchi is a plant that is native to India and is a traditional Ayurvedic herb for boosting immunity. The plant improves liver function to excrete the toxins faster, thus detoxifying the body of Candida albicans.
- Ashwagandha: After the detoxification of the body from Candida Albicans, it is also essential to restore the immunity and strength of the body. For this Ayurveda recommends Aswagandha which has powerful immunity-boosting properties.
- Triphala Powder: It is an excellent immunity supercharger and also possesses antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Ayurvedic Detox or The Panchakarma Therapy
- Virechana (Medicated Purgation) – Removal of toxins through purgation, which depends on the age, strength, and mind and body constitution of an individual. This involves purging of the intestines until completely empty and ensures the removal of metabolic toxins from the body.
- Vasti (Medicated Enemas) – This therapy involves the use of either oils or herbal decoctions, to flush out the toxins from the lower intestines. This is extremely beneficial in restoring the natural bacterial balance of the body.
Lifestyle and Dietary Changes
The above-mentioned herbs help in restoring Agni and the detoxification of the body. But bringing about a few changes in your diet and lifestyle helps in the rebuilding of Ojas and immunity post the infection. A few such recommendations include:
- Practicing yoga helps in reducing stress and prepares the body to fight against various infections.
- A minimum sleep of 6-8 hours must necessarily be taken.
- Practicing meditation also helps in calming the mind as well as the body.
- Eating a balanced and nutritive diet is very essential to remain healthy.
- Exercising is also an excellent stress buster and also boosts immunity.
- Deep breathing exercises are also very helpful and improve ojas.
- Consume fresh, healthy, and seasonal food cooked in spices such as garlic, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, and cardamom.
- Avoid the consumption of food that is fermented, packaged, rich in sugar and fats, stale, fried, and caffeinated and carbonated beverages.
So, by following above mentioned ayurvedic treatment measures one can get rid of candidiasis permanently. For more assistance, contact us at IAFA®. We aim to help you achieve a healthy mind and body to lead a balanced and vital life.