Allergy to Dental Materials
Alternative Treatment of Allergy to Dental Materials
Exposure to certain dental materials causes hypersensitive reactions in the body showing symptoms that vary from mild to severe. The common dental allergens include latex, metals especially nickel, chromium, copper, resin-like dimethacrylate and monomethacrylate resins, bonding agents, alloys containing mercury, platinum, silver, etc. Research shows that everyday dental practice is exposed to a wide range of dental allergens. However, more extensive research has to be done in this matter to make more accurate conclusions on dental material allergy. Dr. Gupta’s IAFA is the best destination for the treatment of all allergies including allergies to dental materials.
- Symptoms of allergic dermatitis-like dryness, flaking, itching, redness, cracking, or blistering of the skin.
- Heart rate changes
- Burning sensation
- Erythematic lesions
- Metals especially nickel, chromium, copper
- Resin like dimethacrylate and monomethacrylate resins
- Bonding agents
- Alloys containing mercury, platinum, silver
- Suspected allergens should be confirmed by allergy test beforehand.
- Eliminate the use of probable allergy-causing materials.
- Use latex-free gloves and nickel-free alloys to prevent life-threatening allergic reactions and further complications.
- The dental team should be well equipped with anti-allergic drugs and measures in case of occurrence of a hypersensitive reaction.
- Be more careful and vigilant while using potential allergens like latex, nickel, methacrylate, eugenol, polyether impression materials, etc.
“ Dr. Gupta’s IAFA is the best destination for the treatment of all allergies including allergy to dental materials. Institute of Applied Food Allergy®has proven to be the best in Ayurvedic management of allergies through treating plenty of cases with high success rates”.
Reach IAFA for an Allergy-free life through Ayurveda!!!
– Dr. Sahil Gupta (B.A.M.S., M.H.A.)
Ayurvedic Allergy Specialist
CEO & Founder of IAFA®
Diet in Allergy to Dental Materials
- Avoid exposure to allergens
- Follow personal hygiene, low carbohydrate, and light vegetarian food.
- Avoid yougurt,prawns ,chocolates,jaggery ,non-vegetarian food in general.
- Brahma mudra
- Prana mudra
The allergic reaction can be related to a disease of vyadhiksmatva (immunity) caused due to weak Agni (dihestive fire), Ama (improper metabolism causing severe inactivity) accumulation, hereditary factors, Prakriti (constitution) of individual, etc. Doshic predominance of symptoms has to be identified and treatment is formulated accordingly. Nidanaparivarchana or avoidance of exposure to allergens is the initial step in management.
- Guluchyadi Kashayam
- Eladi Thailam
- Dinesavalyadi Thailam
- Nasya (Nasal Medication Therapy)
- Rakthamoksha (Blood Letting)
Single Herbs Used
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri)
- Neem (Azadirachta indica)
- Haridra (Curcuma longa)
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia)
Rejuvenation Therapy (Rasayana)
- Madhusnuhi Rasayanam
Article Written By: Dr. Sahil Gupta (B.A.M.S., M.H.A.)