Allergy to dental materials
Allergy to dental materials
Exposure to certain dental materials causes hypersensitive reactions in the body showing symptoms which vary from mild to severe. The common dental allergens include latex , metals especially nickel ,chromium ,copper ,resin like dimethacrylate and monomethacrylate resins ,bonding agents ,alloys containing mercury ,platinum ,silver etc .Research shows that everyday dental practice is exposed to a wide range of dental allergens .However more extensive research have to be done in this matter to make more accurate conclusions on dental material allergy.Dr.Gupta’s IAFA is the best destination for the treatment of all allergies including allergy to dental materials.
- Symptoms of allergic dermatitis like dryness, flaking, itching, and redness, cracking or blistering of skin.
- Heart rate changes
- Burning sensation
- Erythematic lesions
- metals especially nickel ,chromium ,copper
- resin like dimethacrylate and monomethacrylate resins
- bonding agents
- alloys containing mercury ,platinum ,silver
- Suspected allergens should be confirmed by allergy test beforehand.
- Eliminate the use of probable allergy causing materials.
- Use latex free gloves and nickel free alloys to prevent life threatening allergic reactions and further complications.
- The dental team should be well equipped with anti-allergic drugs and measures in case of occurrence of a hypersensitive reaction.
- Be more careful and vigilant while using potential allergens like latex, nickel, methacrylate, eugenol, polyether impression materials etc.
“ Dr.Gupta’s IAFA is the best destination for the treatment of all allergies including allergy to dental materials. Institute of Applied Food Allergy®has proven to be the best in Ayurvedic management of allergies through treating plenty of cases with high success rates”.
Reach IAFA for an Allergy free life through Ayurveda!!!
-Allergist, Dr. Sahil Gupta
Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery
Master’s in Health Administration
Diet in Allergy to dental materials
- Avoid exposure to allergens
- Follow personal hygiene, low carbohydrate, and light vegetarian food.
- Avoid yougurt,prawns ,chocolates,jaggery ,non-vegetarian food in general.
- Brahma mudra
- Prana mudra
Allergic reaction can be related as a disease of vyadhiksmatva (immunity) caused due to weak Agni (dihestive fire), Ama (improper metabolism causing severe inactivity) accumulation, hereditary factors, Prakriti (constitution) of individual etc. Doshic predominance of symptoms has to be identified and treatment is formulated accordingly. Nidanaparivarchana or avoidance of exposure to allergens is the initial step in management.
- Nasya (nasal medication therapy)
- Rakthamoksha(blood letting)
SINGLE DRUGS USED
- Brahmi (Bacopamonerii)
- Neem (Azadirachtaindica)
- Haridra (Curcuma longa)
- Guduchi (Tinosporacordifolia)
REJUVANATION THERAPY (RASAYANA)
Article Written By: Dr. Sahil Gupta, Ayurvedic Allergist