Cordyceps(Cordycepssinensis) is a genus of endoparasitic ascomycete fungi containing about 400 species. It is widely used in Traditional Chinese Medicine and many scientific studies are being conducted on it for exploring its wider therapeutic utility. The use of cordyceps is limited due it’s to high cost because its growth is limited to only some geographical areas like that of the high altitude Himalayas of Tibet , China. However use of cordyceps has been increasingly popular due to its many supported health benefits.IAFA is producing high quality cordyceps to assure the best natural supplement variant to our followers.
THERAPEUTIC BENEFITS OF CORDYCEPS
- Cordyceps boost excercise performance increasing ATP production and so is widely used in sports and fitness industry.
- It reduces fatigue,improves sex drive, boost strength,and most importantly render anti-aging property due to its antioxidant activity.
- Cordyceps prevent tumor formation and de-promotes growth of existing tumors especially in lung and skin cancer
- It may also regulate blood glucose levels in type 2 diabetesmellitus, improve heart health, cure dislipidemia, and fight inflammation.
- Used in kidney diseases and helps in kidney detoxification.
- Improve overall immunity and well being.
- Cordyceps show positive response in treatment of anemia, breathing disorder, lung infection, cough, fatigue, tinnitus etc.
- Cordyceps is also found affective in treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
Cordyceps is available in capsule as well as powder, sometimes in combination with other highly potent products like tulasi and turmeric. Such highly effective Ayurvedic medicines can be taken for enhancing immunity complexion, preventing diseases etc.
CONSTITUENTS IN CORDYCEPS
- exopolysaccharide fraction (EPSF)
- CPS-1, CPS-2
MECHANISM OF ACTION
- Mechanism of action is very similar to that of cellular neucllioside,andenoside .
- Daily usage of 1000-3000 mg is safe without any side effects and renders optimal health benefits to our body.
- The dosage may be finalized after proper consultation with a specialist doctor.
- Cordyceps is usually safe to use. It may cause mild side effects like diarrhoea, constipation, and discomfort etc.
- It is not recommended for pregnant or lactating women, people with auto immune disease,bleading disease etc.
Article Written By: Dr. Sahil Gupta, Ayurvedic Allergist