गर्भिण्या: श्लेष्मलाभ्यासाच्छदिनि: श्वासनिग्रहात l
वायु: क्रुध्द: योनिमुपनीय प्रदूषयेत ll
पाण्डुं सतोदमस्रावं श्वेतं स्रवति वा कफम् l
कफवातमव्यव्याप्ता सा स्याद्योनिरुपप्लुता ll
Leucorrhoea is a whitish or yellowish vaginal discharge and usual one is caused by estrogen imbalance. Almost all women experience vaginal discharge. This is a natural function of the body to maintain healthy vagina and flush out harmful microorganisms. The amount of discharge may increase due to the vaginal infectionand it is associated with irritation. It comes and go by time to time, this vaginal discharge keeps coming for many days it becomes more in volume, foul smelling with colour changes.Dr. Gupta’s IAFAassures the best natural solution for Leucorrhoea through the combination of Ayurveda and Yoga.
In Ayurveda Leucorrhoea is termed as Shwetpradara (Shwet means White and Pradara means discharge from Vagina). Excessive vaginal white discharge with symptoms like burning sensation, itching in vaginal part, body pain and tiredness is written in Ayurveda as Shwetpradara and in Leucorrhoea shows similar signs and symptoms.
Types of Leucorrhoea
Types of Leucorrhoea
- Physiological Leucorrhoea:Physiological Leucorrhoea is not major problem but it should be treated early. It occurs during pregnancy by increased blood flow to the vagina because of increased estrogen level.
- Inflammatory Leucorrhoea:This type of Inflammatory Leucorrhoea occurs due to inflammation of vaginal mucosa. Vaginal discharge becomes yellowish in colour with some odor and it could be a sign of organic bacterial infection.
- Paracitic Leucorrhoea:It’s occurs due to trichomonals vaginalis and symptoms are seen like itching, burning sensation with white or yellow, thick, frothy vaginal discharge.
Ayurvedic Reference of Leucorrhoea- Shwetpradara
Ayurvedic Classification of Leucorrhoea-Shwetpradara
Pradara is unusual vaginal discharge and it a common health problem by most of the women. It is considered as a disease, but it is a symptom. The Aggravated Kapha Dosha produces white and painless vaginal discharge due to Dominance of its liquid property by vitiating the Rasa dhatu of the reproductive system.
- Vataj Pradara: In Vataj Pradara vaginal discharge is dry, frothy, like flesh washed water with pain.
- Pittaj Pradara: In Pittaj Pradara vaginal discharge is in white or yellowish or in different colour with burning sensation. Vaginal secretion is in more amount.
- Kaphaj Pradara: In Kaphaj Pradara discharge is in pale colour
- Sannipatic Pradara: In Sannipatic Pradara shows combinations of all Pradara and vaginal discharge is like ghee or honey with bad odor.
- Rakta Pradara:Heavy menstrual vaginal bleeding.It also comes under Pradara rog
Causes of Leucorrhoea-Shwetpradara
- Wrong Food Combinations
- Repeated Abortions
- Suppression of Natural Urges like Vomiting
- Overeating of cold,heavy to digest and sweet food items
- Day Time Sleep After Lunch
- Long Walk
- Frequent Consuming Food items which can causes indigestion
Symptoms of Leucorrhoea-Shwetpradara
- White or Yellow vaginal discharge
- Itching,Pricking,Burning Pain
“Dr. Gupta’s IAFA have successfully managing wide range of Gynecology related conditions including leucorrhoea with the help of Ayuveda and Yoga. All the measures used by Institute of Applied Food Allergy® are completely natural friendly to add a safe healing to all our followers”.
Reach us and get cured naturally!!!
-Allergist, Dr. Sahil Gupta
Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery
Master’s in Health Administration
Diet Management in Leucorrhoea-Shwetpradara
Do’s (Pathya): Consume,
- Red Spinach
- Green Gram
- Dates (DryFruit)
- Cow Ghee
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
- Ashgourd etc.
- Alcohol Intake
- Wrong Food Combinations
- Night Awakening
- Dry and Junk Food
- Riding the Vehicle and Horse Riding
- Exhaustion etc.
- Excess Sexual Indulgence
Yoga and Aasnas for Leucorrhoea-Shwetpradara
Leucorrhoea is by product of unhealthy lifestyle in terms of Food,Stress,Lack of Exercise.With the help of Yoga Asanas and Pranayama can reduce Stress,Anxiety and Improves body function.
Yoga Asanas are,
- Pranayama – Bramari pranayama and Meditations.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Leucorrhoea-Shwetpradara
Ayurveda has advised treatment for Leucorrhoea. Ayurvedic management includes internal medicines as well as external therapies.
Internal medicine should be consumed under Ayurvedic Physicians guidance only.
- Trivang Bhasma
- Pushyanug Churna
- Bola Parpati
Purification Therapy for Leucorrhoea-Shwetpradara
It can improve efficiency of Medicines to fight back against chronic ailments and eliminates toxins from the body.
Single Herb for Leucorrhoea-Shwetpradara
- Amalaki (Indian Gooseberry)
- Chopchini (Smilaxchina)
- Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa Roxb)
- Shalmali (Salamalia malabarica Schott)
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus linn)
- Sariva (Hemidesmus-indicus Schult)
- Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza Glabra Linn)
- Nagakesara (Mesua Ferrea Linn)
- Daruharidra (Berberis Aristata Dc.)
Article Written By: Dr. Sahil Gupta, Ayurvedic Allergist