Candida albicans is a normal gut fungus but its proliferative excess causing infection is associated with immune suppression or long term use of broad spectrum antibiotic.Candidiasis can occur in various body candidiasis in gastro intestinal tract include oesophagus, stomach, and small intestine. Intestinal candidiasis usually occur secondary to some underlying pathology.Dr.Gupta’s IAFA is the best Ayurvedic destination for the successful management of intestinal candidiasis.
- Anal itching
- Diarrhoea, foamy or frothy stools
- Gastric ulcers
- Headache, fatigue
- Itchy skin
- Mucus rich thread like foamy substance in stool
Intestinal candidiasis may be caused due candida infection in ulcers, malignant perforation, small or large bowel infection, superficial erosion, pseudo membrane formation particularly by use excess of antibiotics, immune suppressive drugs, diabetic medication, oral contraceptive pills, corticosteroids,stress, smoking etc. Patients suffering from chronic illness, irritable bowel disease, crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis are more prone to develop Intestinal candidiasis.
Endoscopy findings show white plaques induodenum and thickening of mucosal folds of duodenum andjejunum. Stool examination reveals presence of Candida.
- Avoid stale ,refrigerated ,processed ,sugary foods.
- Quit smoking, alcohol consumption, antibiotic overuse, corticosteroids and immunosuppressive drugs.
- Keep blood glucose levels at check.
- Candida infection spreading to blood stream can cause serious health hazards like brain damage , liver dysfunction etc.
“ Dr.Gupta’s IAFA is the best Ayurveda centre for the treating Intestinal candidiasis through natural friendly Ayurvedic measures”.
Reach Institute of Applied Food Allergy® for a natural friendly and Ayurvedic skin rejuvenation!!!
-Allergist, Dr. Sahil Gupta
Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery
Master’s in Health Administration
Diet in INTESTINAL CANDIDIASIS
PATHYA (DO's) in INTESTINAL CANDIDIASIS
- Low carbohydrate easy to digest vegetarian diet.
- Proper skin hygiene to prevent Candida spread.
APATHYA (DO's) inINTESTINAL CANDIDIASIS
- Avoid day sleep .
- Avoid Vidahiahara(Acidic food)
- Avoid Yougurt ,oily , spicy ,non vegetarian and deep fried food.
- Anulomaviloma pranayama
- Prithvi mudra
- Prana mudra
- Varuna mudra
Ayurvedic Management Of Intestinal Candidiasis
- Dhanwantaram oil on umbilical region
- Vasti –Pippilyadianuvasanataila
SINGLE HERBS USED IN INTESTINAL CANDIDIASIS
- Haridra (Curcuma longa)
- Ardraka (Zingiberofficinale)
- Ajamoda (Trachyspermumammi)
Intestinal candidiasis is a disease which is usually undetected until severe stage is reached. If not treated at the right time it may lead to serious health conditions especially due to spread of candida fungi through the blood stream. The minor symptoms of candidiasis shown in the initial stage of disease have to be taken seriously and treated appropriately. Following Ayurveda will help in better healing and recovery through safe and complete nature friendly treatment modalities.
Article Written By: Dr. Sahil Gupta, Ayurvedic Allergist