Gastrointestinal Aspergillosis (Tridosha Atisara)
दोषैर्व्यस्तैः समस्तैश्च भयाच्छोकाच्च पड़िवधः ।
अतीसार: स सुतरां जायतेऽत्यम्बुपानतः ।। १ ।।
Gastrointestinal Aspergillosis: Symptoms, Causes, Types, Do's, Don'ts, Yoga, Ayurvedic Reference and Treatment : Complete Ayurveda Details
Gastrointestinal aspergillosis is one of the rare, but complicated conditions affecting the GI tract. It is defined as the inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract caused by the fungi Aspergillus. GI Aspergillosis is a life threatening condition with a high mortality rate. The patients who have less immunity are more vulnerable to develop the inflammation as it is mainly found in individuals with a compromised immune system. Even though the occurrence of the disease is very rare, proper diagnosis and treatment at the right time is very essential to manage this condition.
According to Ayurvedic views, gastrointestinal Aspergillosis can be taken as various conditions based on causes, signs and symptoms. Based on the signs and symptoms it can be included in “Tridosha Atisara”, a condition in which all the three doshas are vitiated. The other correlation concludes it as Agantuja jwara, as fever is also experienced as a symptom caused by an external microbe. The line of treatment is fixed to attain the three dosha balance for maintaining the complete health.
Through our deep researches and studies, IAFA have developed efficient medicines to treat the disease by combining the treatment procedures mentioned in ancient classic textbooks like Ashtanga Hrudayam and Charaka Samhitha.
Causes of Gastrointestinal Aspergillosis - Tridosha Atisara
As mentioned earlier, It is an inflammatory condition caused by the fungi Aspergillus. The infection mainly affects on the respiratory system but in the most severe cases, that is in invasive Aspergillosis, it affects other systems including gastrointestinal tracts.
Predisposing Factors of Gastrointestinal Aspergillosis - Tridosha Atisara
- Weakened immune system
- Low WBC count
- Cystic fibrosis
- Long term corticosteroid therapy
- Organ transplant history
Ayurvedic Reference of Gastrointestinal Aspergillosis - Tridosha Atisara
Types of Gastrointestinal Aspergillosis - Tridosha Atisara
2 types of Gastrointestinal Aspergillosis are present
- Primary type – Due to infection by Aspergillus
- Secondary type- Occurs secondarily to systemic infection
Signs and Symptoms of Gastrointestinal Aspergillosis - Tridosha Atisara
- Fever and chills
- Cough that brings up blood
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Joint pain
- Abdominals cramps and pain
Diagnosis of Gastrointestinal Aspergillosis - Tridosha Atisara
This condition can be diagnosed based on exploratory laparotomy and endoscopy. Biomarkers can be used to identify the Aspergillus infection.
“Gastrointestinal Aspergillosis is a chronic fungal infection that must be managed with immediate attention as the right treatment that is started earliest helps in speedy recovery. The Ayurvedic treatment provides a complete cure of gastrointestinal aspergillosis without causing any side effects. Dr. Gupta’s Institute of Applied Food Allergy® has successfully treated a large number of gastrointestinal aspergillosis successfully through natural remedies”.
Reach IAFA to get a disease free life!
– Dr. Sahil Gupta (B.A.M.S., M.H.A.)
Ayurvedic Allergy Specialist
CEO & Founder of IAFAⓇ
Diet Management for Gastrointestinal Aspergillosis - Tridosha Atisara
Do's (Pathya) in Gastrointestinal Aspergillosis
- Drinking only enough water
- Light meal and easy to digest
- Fruits (avoid conserved fruits)
Don’ts (Apathya) in Gastrointestinal Aspergillosis
- Heavy to digest food intake
- Junk foods and soft drinks
- Extremely cold food and fluids intake
- Over exertion and heating up of body
- Anger and grief
Yoga and Pranayama for Gastrointestinal Aspergillosis - Tridosha Atisara
Yoga and Pranayama have beneficiary actions in gastro intestinal disorders as well as in infectious disorders. By controlling breathing through Pranayama methods, one can get immunity improvement. It also helps in preventing infections by microorganisms. Doing asana postures like
- Gomukhasana, and
- Padmasana will help in proper functioning of digestive tract as well as it assures complete the health to the GI tract.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Gastrointestinal Aspergillosis - Tridosha Atisara
Internal medicines used for Gastrointestinal Aspergillosis - Tridosha Atisara
- Ashta churnam
- Kaidaryadi kashayam
- Musta kashayam
- Aahar Amrutham Ras
- Vilwadi gulika
- Anthra Mithtam Gulika
- Kutaja parpati
- Kutaja ghana vati
Single herbs used for Gastrointestinal Aspergillosis - Tridosha Atisara
- Haritaki ( Terminalia chebula)
- Sariva or Sariva (Hemidesmus indicus)
- Kutaja (Holarrhena antidysenterica)
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus)
- Shloka No. 1-5, Chapter 8 – Atisara Grahani Nidanam of Ashtanga Hrudaya Nidana Sthana by Acharya Vagbhata.
- Textbook on Kayachikitsa by Prof. R.H. Singh, Chaukhambha Sanskrit Pratisthan, Delhi, 2001.
- Dwivedi L, editor, Charaka Samhita of Agnivesa, Charaka Sthana Ch 15, Ver 9-11. 1st ed. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Krishanadas Academy; 2013. p. 511.
- Acharaya YT, editor. Sushruta Samhita of Sushruta, Sutra Sthana Ch 40, Ver 10-11. 1st ed. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Krishandas Academy; 2014. P. 178-179.
Article Written By: Dr. Sahil Gupta (B.A.M.S., M.H.A.)