Bullous Disorders (Visarpa)
Fluid filled skin blisters measuring greater than 10mm are referred to as bullae. Skin disease characterised by appearance of bullae falls under the category of bullous disorders. Bullous pemphigoid , epidermolysis bullosa, dermatitis herpetiformis, pemphigus foliaceaus , varicella infection are some of the common bullous disorders.Dr.Gupta’s IAFA is the best Ayurvedic destination for the management of bullous disorders through natural friendly measures.
- Fluid filled blisters usually greater than 5mm
- Large blisters along skin folds that does not rupture easily
- Itchy skin
- Skin around bullae appear normal or darker in colour
- Reddish or yellowish discolouration on blisters
- Eczema or hive like rash
Many of the bullous skin disorders are autoimmune while some can be caused due to adverse drug reaction, hypersensitive reaction, exposure to light, radiations, medical conditions like lichen planus, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, psoriasis, multiple sclerosis etc.
Acute bullous conditions should be investigated through bacterial and viral culture. Skin biopsy should be taken before making diagnosis. Haematological investigation should also be accompanied.
- Avoid exposure to sun, light, radiation etc.
- Wear loose fitting cotton clothes
- Take proper case of wounds by regular dressing and applying of antiseptic medication.
TYPES OF VISARPA
- Agni visarpa
- Kardama visarpa
- Granthi visarpa
- Kshataja visarpa
“Dr.Gupta’s IAFA is the best Ayurveda centre for curing skin ailments including bullous disorders”.
Reach Institute of Applied Food Allergy® for a natural friendly and Ayurvedic skin rejuvenation!!!
-Allergist, Dr. Sahil Gupta
Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery
Master’s in Health Administration
Diet in Bullous disorders
PATHYA (DO's) in Bullous disorders
- Proper hygeine of the area containing blisters.
- Low carbohydrate easy to digest vegetarian diet.
APATHYA (DO's) in Bullous disorders
- Avoid day sleep.
- Avoid Vidahi ahara
- Avoid Yougurt,masha ,oily , spicy ,non vegetarian ,deep fried food
- Anuloma viloma pranayama
- Prithvi mudra
- Prana mudra
- Varun mudra
Ayurvedic Management of Bullous Disorder
- Shita(cold potency) ,snigdha (unctous) for internal and external administation.
- Sarpi pana (intake of ghee) is considered the most beneficial therapy for visarpa .
- Guduchyadi kasayam
- Trayantadi kasayam
- Patoladi kasayam
- Mustadi kasaya
- Laghupanchamuladi kasaya
- Bhunimbadi kasaya
- Visarpahara kasaya
- Shrestadi kasaya
- Kulakadi kasaya
- Panchatwagadi churna
- Shaddouta grita
- Nyagrodadi churna
- Shireeshatwagadi churna
- Nyagrodadi kasaya
- Raktamoksha(blood letting)
- Vamana (Therapeutic emesis)
SINGLE DRUGS USED IN BULLOUS DISORDERS
- Chandana (Santalum album)
- Raktachandana (Pterocarpus santalinum)
- Usheera (Vetiveria zizanoids)
Bullous disorders of the skin can be due to simple allergic reaction or life threatening like the pemphigus type. It takes prolonged periods to heel completely and recurrence due to ahitha ahara vihara acharana is also a common feature of these disorders .It is of prime importance to seek medical help at the earliest and take necessary treatment to prevent complications.Following Ayurveda will help in better healing and recovery through safe and complete nature friendly treatment modalities.
Article Written By: Dr. Sahil Gupta, Ayurvedic Allergist