Rosacea - Causes, Symptoms and Ayurvedic Treatment
Rosacea is a common skin disease characterized by redness all over the skin. Middle-aged light-skinned women are at greater risk of incidence. Heredity, smoking, alcoholism, etc. pose threats to the development of this disease. The etiology of this disease is yet to be discovered and is assumed to be caused due to contributing factors from both heredity and environmental aspects. A number of attributes like negative emotions, exercise, cosmetic products, spicy foods, alcohol, temperature extremes, and certain drugs can trigger a flare-up of this disease. Dr. Gupta’s IAFA is the best Ayurvedic destination for the management of skin ailments like Rosacea and many similar conditions.
Symptoms of Rosacea
- Small, pus-filled, swollen red bumps over the face
- Tender, hot facial skin
- Redness especially on the central part of the face with dilated blood vessels over the nose, cheeks
- Dry, irritated, swollen eyelids
- The bulbous appearance of the nose is usually referred to as rhinophyma.
Diagnosis of Rosacea
It is usually clinical based on the history of complaints and examination of the skin.
Complications of Rosacea
- Affecting eyes (Ocular Rosacea) and nose (rhinophyma) have to referred to medical intervention at the earliest.
- Identifying and avoiding triggering factors is the most important measure to be taken by prone individuals
- Minimum exposure to sunlight, wind, extreme climates
- Abstaining from irritant cosmetic products can help to put a check on the situation.
“Dr. Gupta’s Institute of Applied Food Allergy® is the best Ayurvedic destination for the management of skin ailments like Rosacea and many similar conditions”.
Add rejuvenation to your skin through completely natural Ayurvedic solutions!!!
– Dr. Sahil Gupta (B.A.M.S., M.H.A.)
Ayurvedic Allergy Specialist
CEO & Founder of IAFA®
Diet in Rosacea
Pathya (Do’s) in Rosacea
- Avoid exposure to the sun, extreme weather, wind, etc. Follow personal hygiene, low carbohydrate, and light vegetarian food.
Apathya (Don'ts) in Rosacea
- Avoid yogurt, sheela fish, chocolates, jaggery, non-veg foods
- Janu sheershasana
- Brahma Mudra
- Prana Mudra
Ayurvedic Treatment of Rosacea
Rosacea can be correlated to Charmadala, on of the 11 types of kshudra kusta mentioned in Ayurveda classics. Charmadala is characterized by redness (raktha), itching (kandu), pustules (spotam), pain (ruk), tenderness (sparsha asaha). It is caused by the vitiation of pitta and Kapha dosha.
We at IAFA® provide effective herbal remedies, prepared from natural herbs for the ayurvedic treatment of rosacea by following the principles of Ayurveda.
- Pitta kapha hara chikitsa
- Shodana therapy
- Use of sheeta virya (cold potency) drugs.
Purifactory Treatment (Shodana)
- Virechana (Purgation) – Manibhadra Gulam
- Patolamooladi Kashayam
- Shatadouta Grita
Rejuvanation Therapy (Rasayana)
- Madhusnuhi Rasayanam
Article Written By: Dr. Sahil Gupta (B.A.M.S., M.H.A.)