In today’s world of ozone holes and changes in the environment, it is thought that the sun is a formidable enemy of the skin but the sun is also an important source of nourishment. Sun Allergy is an extreme sensitivity to Ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun. The most common symptom is an exaggerated skin rash or sunburn with or without itching. In some cases, the sunburn can be so severe that blisters can develop. IAFA® is dedicated to providing personalized treatment and works diligently to ensure the smoothest possible process for patients around the globe. The blog presents successful Ayurvedic treatment of a 75-year-old male from the USA by IAFA®.
When a person suffers from an allergy, the immune system considers the specific substance as a harmful substance. The immune system triggers cells to release immunoglobulin E to neutralize that particular substance. When a person comes in contact with a particular substance, these IgE signals the immune system to release chemicals called histamines which in turn causes allergic manifestations. In the current case, a 75-year-old male patient from the USA consulted IAFA® for sun allergy ayurvedic treatment and food protein intolerance issues from the past 2 months. The patient consulted various dermatologists in the USA but they prescribed steroids only. It was leading to sleep disturbances as well. A detailed history was taken at IAFA® by Dr. Gupta in view of personal and family illnesses, diet patterns etc. Significant changes were observed in the condition of the patient after 6 weeks of regular treatment. The symptoms were alleviated by 75%. In the period of 3 months, the patient showed significant relief with no signs of recurrence. A significant relief in food intolerance treatment was also observed with the administration of Deepana and Pachana medication.
Allergic symptoms depend on the type of allergen as some affect the skin, leading to several skin conditions while others may cause nasal congestion and other respiratory issues, and some food allergies cause digestive issues. The symptoms of specific allergies depend on the Dosha involved that is aggravated the most. It is a fundamental principle of Ayurveda that the physical strengths and weaknesses depend on the climate and geographical area that you live in, the time of year, genetic makeup, skin type, body type etc. Having a predominance of Pitta dosha will make the person more sun-sensitive. Ayurvedic treatment of allergies includes treating the root cause of the allergy rather than just addressing the symptoms. IAFA® follows this unique approach which is the key to achieve life-long benefits and holistic relief from all kinds of allergies. Ayurveda stresses on boosting the immune system by various measures such as consuming a healthy diet, incorporating healthy habits in lifestyle besides administration of potent herbs and undergoing Ayurvedic rejuvenation treatment.
Keywords: Food Allergy Ayurvedic treatment, Sun Allergy treatment, Ayurveda for allergies, food intolerance successful treatment, Ayurveda for international patients
Allergies According to Ayurveda
In Ayurveda, allergic manifestation is mentioned under the concept of Satmya-Asatmya. It manifests due to exposure to Astamya Ahara-Vihara and contact with various allergens. The treatment of allergies in Ayurveda differs from person to person. The treatment includes internal medications, external application of medicines, shodhan chikitsa (purificatory therapy) etc.
- Patient’s Name: Alberto Hinojoza
- Age: 75 years
- Gender: Male
- Address: USA
- UID: 7125
- Date of Consultation: 30/05/2022
As per the patient’s clinical history, he was having the following symptoms:
- Sun allergy and its associated symptoms from the last 2 months: Redness, rashes and tingling sensation.
- After relocation, during gardening he got a flare up on the back of neck which is exposed to sun.
- Cannot go outside in the light due to rashes.
- When it aggravates, cracks and sores with oozing skin are present.
- Body flares up even in a cup of coffee within just 20 minutes.
- Food protein intolerance from buckwheat sprouts.
- Other issues: HTN and weight loss.
In the words of patient:
“I am suffering from a severe sun allergy that is unbearable. Thought it was fagopyrism, or buckwheat sprout poisoning, but the condition has only worsened even after discontinuing consumption of these sprouts.”
The treatment was planned on the basis of predominance of dosha and dhatu (body tissue) and srotas (micro and microcirculatory channels).
For External Application:-
- IAFA 333 cream
- IAFA Swaras Chikitsa: Aahar Amrutham Ras
- Pitpapra Capsules
- IAFA Skin Detox Tablet
- IAFA Skin Beau Tea (Kashayam)
- Triphala Capsules
Method of Usage/Dosage:-
- IAFA 333 Cream: 3-5 gm IAFA 333 Cream to be applied over the affected area twice a day and during allergic reaction.
- Aahar Amrutham Ras: 15 ml with water to be taken twice a day with equal amount of water after meals. Shake the bottle before use.
- Pitpapra Capsules: 1 capsule to be taken twice a day 15 minutes before taking meals with water.
- IAFA Skin Detox Tablet: 2 tablets to be taken twice a day with water after meals.
- IAFA Skin Beau Tea (Kashayam): 1 teaspoon (2.5 g approx.) for 1 cup of tea to be taken twice a day.
- Triphala Capsules: 2 capsules to be taken once a day at bedtime with water.
Diet and Lifestyle
- Patient was recommended to avoid foods that increase Pitta dosha so the patient was advised to steer clear of red chilli peppers, vinegar, foods that are too sour, salty and pungent in taste.
- Favour foods that are sweet, astringent and bitter in taste as these have a cooling effect on both mind and body.
- The patient was advised to use skin-protecting spices in the diet to stimulate digestion such as turmeric, fennel, coriander, cumin in ghee and add it to the vegetables and grains.
- Use of Amla was also recommended as it is an excellent antioxidant and Rasayana for the skin.
- Patient was also advised to stay hydrated.
Outcome and Follow-up
The above treatment was continued for 3 weeks and the patient’s follow-up was taken. During the follow-up, it was concluded that the patient was feeling better in terms of energy. He started feeling better after taking treatment for 3 weeks. There was a little change in the intensity. Cracks and sores were recovered and there were minimum flare-ups. Appetite was good and he sleeps better. The same treatment was continued to complete the treatment.
The patient got significant relief within 6 weeks after taking the above treatment from IAFA®. Here is a Happy Note from the patient’s wife:
The patient and his wife were completely satisfied with the treatment provided by Dr. Gupta. They were grateful and thankful to IAFA for providing authenticated Ayurvedic treatment. The treatment provided by Dr. Gupta has given the results and completely turned the health around – it was worth every penny. Here is another Happy Note from our successfully treated patient and his wife:
IAFA® has established a reputation as one of the leading Ayurvedic treatment centres in India. It is bridging the gaps and providing best medical treatment to international patients as well. IAFA® under the guidance of Dr. Gupta is dedicated to ensure the best and smoothest possible process for the international patients as well. This case blog clearly shows that sun allergy, food intolerance, nasal allergies can be successfully managed with Ayurvedic intervention if treatment is taken under the guidance of an eminent Ayurvedic physician. No adverse effect pertaining to the prescribed Ayurvedic medicine was reported during and after the course of treatment. If you want to take safe and effective food intolerance treatment, sun allergy ayurvedic treatment or any other health ailment, feel free to contact us.
Thus, this blog shows that the disorders that have been declared as incurable in modern medicine can be successfully treated through Ayurvedic measures under the guidance of an eminent Ayurvedic practitioner.