Vegan has become a new trend and many are shifting away from dairy milk to plant-based milk. Do you find it hard to know which is the best plant-based milk? Then, this article is for you, we have done deep and adequate research to serve you the best plant milk based on your body type. As long as you take everything to the limit, nothing’s gonna harm you. But everybody is different and as per Ayurveda, you can be any of three body types:
- Pitta and
In today’s article, we are going to provide you with which plant milk is the best all of the time and which is the best for your body type. So, stay tuned till the end and choose wisely.
Best Plant-Based Milk for All the Time
If you are new to veganism and just started out trying new recipes of vegan and we know you are loving it! But by any chance are you confused with the plant milk to start with as there are countless options available in the market? We got you! You can try the below-mentioned plant based milk without any second thought.
1. Soy milk:
Soy milk is the best option which is closest to cows’ milk and you can get enough protein.
- Soy milk is easily available
- It is not allergic
- It’s close to cows’ milk
- Have enough protein among any other plant-based milk
- Anticarcinogenic properties.
2. Hemp Milk:
Hemp milk is extracted from hemp seeds also known as Cannabis Sativa and is considered another best choice for anyone without worrying about any allergies.
- Rich in protein and fats
- Rich in omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids
- Good for heart health
- Helps in the reduction of bad cholesterol
- Have a good amount of fibre, boosting gut health
- Enhances brain health
- Aids for the betterment of the skin.
3. Coconut Milk:
coconut milk is tastier and more flavorful milk usually used for culinary purposes.
- Has a good amount of saturated fats and helps in enhancing HDL
- Iron present in coconut milk can help in preventing anaemia
- Prevents heart diseases by increasing good cholesterol and eliminating bad cholesterol.
- The zinc of coconut milk helps in lining the intestinal tract and protects gut health.
- The triglycerides of coconut milk can make you feel full for longer periods, so no cravings.
Note: If you have any serious and chronic heart diseases, then it is better to avoid or consume within the limit as it has more saturated fats.
4. Rice Milk:
Well, if you want low-fat milk, then rice milk is the ready choice for you. It keeps your fat levels low and can serve you the craving for milk too.
- Has way low fats, so an excellent option for heart health.
- High in carbs, so it makes you feel fuller for a long span.
- Sweetened milk than any other plant milk.
- Less allergic than other plant-based milk.
- Easy to make on your own.
- Readily available and cheap.
- Can be easily blended with another plant’s milk.
5. Oat Milk:
Oat milk is packed with high fibre which is gut friendly. Oat milk is often considered a heart-friendly option too.
- Good for gut health as it has good fibre content.
- Beta-glucan present in oats helps to lower LDL cholesterol.
- Heart healthy choice than any other plant-based milk.
- Relieves constipation with its fibre content.
- Thicker consistency helps in making refreshing smoothies.
- Safer for babies too (although breastfeeding is the best option).
Best Plant-Based Milk for Pitta Dosha
Pitta dosha is generally a combo of fire and water. So there is an excess internal fire in the body. And to balance this, pitta dosha people must go for the food which has a cooling effect and is light, sweet and energetic foods.
The following plant-based milks can be the best option for pitta-dominant people:-
- Coconut milk has a cooling effect which aids in reducing the agni of the body by pacifying the Vata dosha.
- Oat milk, having more fibre makes the intestinal tract smoother and aids in proper stool passage.
- Almond milk has a sweet taste that brings the perfect flavour and also lightens the pitta dosha.
- Soy milk is less allergic and reduces inflammation thereby keeping the skin healthier.
- Cashew milk is a good choice instead of almond and has a cooling and dry effect on the body, thereby pacifying pitta dosha.
Best Plant-Based Milk for Vata Dosha
Vata is the combination of air and space. Vata-dominant people often suffer from irregular appetites and have trouble sleeping. It’s better recommended to have warm and moist foods to reduce the coldness in the body.
We have dug deep and provided you with the safest plant-based milks to start:-
- Rice milk blends well with all three doshas but is, even more, pacifying with Vata dosha.
- Almond milk has a sweet and creamy flavour packed with immense benefits to the brain and muscle building too.
- Well-known hemp milk for its heart health and gut health benefits helps vata-dominant people with digestion issues.
- Sunflower seed milk is a Vata pacifying milk and is also a good replacement for nutty allergies.
Best Plant-Based Milk for Kapha Dosha
Kapha is the combination of earth and water. Kapha dominant people feel heavy, stable, calm, cold, idle and soft. So it is better to consume hot, spicy, and acidic foods.
Usually, it is often said that it’s better to skip the milk by Kapha dominant, as the milk itself is creamy, heavy and may have a calming effect on the body whether it is plant-based or animal-origin. But, does that mean you can’t enjoy your milk cravings? Absolutely, not! Always have hot or warm milk and also add a little bit of turmeric or ginger to bring that savoury aroma to the milk.
- Rice milk, be it brown rice or white rice, both are considered a good option for Kapha dominance. It is further advised that well-soaked and well-cooked rice serves the purpose competently.
- Oat milk, which is less creamy than any other plant-based milk, can be used in moderation by Kapha dosha people.
- Soy milk is among the fewer options available for the Kapha dominance.
Hope you have got a clear eye on which is the best plant-based milk to choose from the market based on your body type. If you want to read in detail about plant milk, read it here.
If you or your dear ones have any kinds of allergies, refer them to IAFA and they will be grateful forever or you can just book an online consultation, which is a very quick and easy way to connect with our Ayurveda allergy specialist – Dr. Sahil Gupta (B.A.M.S., M.H.A.).