On This Page
Causes of Sleep Apnea
- Obstructive sleep apnea: It occurs when the muscles present in the back of the throat get relaxed. When these muscles relax, the airway get narrowed or even closed as air is breathed in. This reduces availability of enough air, which leads to decrease in the oxygen level in blood. The brain senses the difficulty in breathing and makes the person rise from sleep so that airway can be reopened. This arising is generally so brief that the patient doesn’t remember. This pattern can repeat for about five to 30 times or more per hour, throughout the night. It will definitely affect the quality of sleep.
- Central Sleep Apnea: This is a less common type of sleep apnea. It occurs when the brain doesn’t transmit signals to breathing muscles. This leads to lack of breathing efforts for a little period. The patient may arise with experiencing shortness of breath.
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea
The most common manifestations of obstructive and central sleep apneas are as follows;
- Loud snoring
- Episodes of stoppage of breathing during sleep that is reported by a second person
- Gasping during sleep for breathing
- Awakening with a dry mouth
- Headache during morning
- Lack of enough sleep
- Excessive sleep during day time
- Lack of concentration while awake
Ayurvedic Reference of Sleep Apnea-Mahaswasa
Types of Sleep Apnea
The major types of sleep apnea are:
- Obstructive sleep apnea: It is the most common type of sleep apnea. It occurs due to relaxation of throat muscles.
- Central sleep apnea: It is the type of sleep apnea that occurs when the brain fails to send sufficient signals to the muscles controlling breathing
- Complex sleep apnea syndrome: It is also known as Treatment-emergent Central Sleep Apnea. It occurs when both obstructive sleep apnea and central sleep apnea affect together.
“Institute of Applied Food Allergy® aspires to be the destination of choice for people seeking authentic Ayurveda healthcare. IAFA ensures that our health care system better meets the needs of all about your child’s health”.
Making a difference today… for a brighter tomorrow…!!! Dr. Gupta’s IAFA for your child’s health.
– Dr. Sahil Gupta (B.A.M.S., M.H.A.)
Ayurvedic Allergy Specialist
CEO & Founder of IAFA®
At last, Easier Sleep Apnea Management
More than 90,000 Patients
9.2 / 10
Customer Satisfaction Score
Ayurvedic Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is caused by the combination of vitiated doshas like Kapha and Vata and also Dhatu like Medas. Ayurveda manages the condition through internal medicines, purification therapy and other treatment procedures.
Internal Medicines for Sleep Apnea
- Dasamoola katutrataya kashaya
- Indukantham Kashaya
- Elakanadi Kashaya
- Dasamoola rasayana
- Agastya rasayana
- Triphala churna
- Trikatu churna
- Swasanandam Gulika
Purification Therapy in Sleep Apnea
- Vamana (Vomiting)
- Virechana (Purgation)
- Nasya (Administering nasal drop)
Treatment Procedures in Sleep Apnea
- Shiro dhara (Pouring medicated liquids on forehead)
- Abhyanga (Oil massage)
- Udvarthana (Powder massage)
Single Herb Used in the Management of Sleep Apnea
- Aswagandha (Withania somnifera)
- Tulsi (Oscimum sanctum)
- Vasa (Adhatoda vasica)
- Shankhupushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis)
- Karpura valli (Coleus amboinicus)
- Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamnsi)
- Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum)
Diet in Sleep Apnea
- Vegetarian diet
- Fresh & warm food
- Fruits and salads with sour taste
- Include more fruits and vegetables in diet
- Legumes and cereals
- Hot gruel
- Drink warm water intermittently
- Steam inhalation with appropriate herbal medicines
- Moderate exercise
- Sleep on sides
- Refined sugars
- Red meat
- Processed food items
- Non vegetarian diet
- Deep fried food
- Refrigerated food & drinks
- Excessive use of A/C rooms
- Suppression of natural urges
- Sleep on back
Yoga and Pranayama for Sleep Apnea
Yoga helps in increasing blood circulation to brain and other parts of the body. Following yoga postures will be helpful in Sleep Apnea:
- Uthana shishosana
- Viparita Karini
Pranayama is also useful in the treatment of Sleep Apnea. It increases oxygen supply to all body parts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What are the causes of Sleep apnea?
Answer: Sleep apnea is caused by various reasons like relaxation of throat muscles, defects in brain activity, over weight etc.
Question: What are the symptoms of Sleep apnea?
Answer: The symptoms of Sleep apnea include gasping during sleep, loud snoring, lack of sleep during night, increased day sleep.
Question: Is Ayurveda effective in treating Sleep apnea?
Answer: Yes. Ayurveda offers effective treatment for Sleep apnea through various internal medicines, treatment procedures and body purification therapies.
Dr. Gupta’s IAFA delivers effective treatment for Sleep apnea by focusing physical, mental and emotional aspects of the patient. IAFA is a well experienced Ayurvedic institute in the management of various disorders in children and adults.
Consult with IAFA for an undisturbed and healthy sleep !!
Was this Page Helpful?
So IAFA Effective Treatment for Sleep Apnea in Children is just 3 steps away!
01. Connect With Us
Book an appointment to share queries of your child health.
02. Consult With Us
Consult with Ayurvedic Pediatrician of IAFA®.
03. Root Cause Treatment
Get an accurate diagnosis and treatment for your child.
Sleep Apnea- Case Studies
Real Case Studies of Successfully Treated Patients from All Around the World by IAFA Ayurveda®
It is a case study about successful treatment of Pityriasis Alba and…
It is a case study about the successful treatment of Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)…
Fungal infections can be treated with a high success rate by various…
It is a case study of a 6-year-old Child Patient who got…
Read More Articles
So IAFA Root-Cause Treatment of Your Bed Wetting is Just 3 Steps…
So IAFA Root-Cause Treatment of Your Baby Care is Just 3 Steps…
So IAFA Root-Cause Treatment of Your Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is Just…