Dermatophagoides farinae allergy is caused by the Farinae allergens. Fourteen different kinds of Dermatophagoides Farinae allergens have been reported that are responsible for causing this allergy.
The major source of indoor allergens for humans are house dust mites (HDM)1 that cause rhinitis, asthma, dermatitis, and various other allergies. These extremely tiny bugs are not visible to the naked eye but are present in the house dust and feed on the dead skin cells of people that are regularly shed. The bugs usually thrive in warm and humid environments. These bugs belong to the spider family and can survive in all different kinds of climates, geographical locations, and at most altitudes.
When the human body inhales the waste of these dust mites, the immune system mistakes them as a threat and begins to gear up and create antibodies as a reaction against them to protect the body. This reaction produces symptoms in the body which include sneezing, coughing, and runny nose.
In this article, we shall discuss the causes, symptoms, and Ayurvedic Treatment of Dermatophagoides farinae Allergy.
Causes of Dermatophagoides farinae Allergy
- Breathing in the waste particles of dust mites that thrive in the households.
- Inhaling remnants that include decaying bodies and tiny mounds of feces.
Symptoms of Dermatophagoides farinae Allergy
Common set of signs and symbols of this type of allergic reaction include:
- Postnasal drip.
- Runny and itchy nose.
- Itching on the skin.
- Water and itchy eyes.
- Redness in and around the eyes.
- Scratchy throat.
- Sore throat.
- Bluish and swollen skin around the eyes.
- Sinus pressure.
- Troubled sleep.
A long term exposure to dust mites may also lead to asthma and sinus infections. Asthma further intensifies the symptoms of Dermatophagoides farinae Allergy. These include:
- Shortness of breath.
- Tightness and chest pain.
- Severe asthma attacks.
- Difficulty while talking.
- Coughing and wheezing.
- Difficulty in breathing.
Treatment of Dermatophagoides farinae Allergy
Treating a dust mite allergy is important as it can cause extreme discomfort and irritation to the sufferer. One of the best and easiest ways to avoid contracting this allergy is ensuring hygiene at your home at all times and limiting the possibility of exposure to it.
If this doesn’t work out for you, certain prevention methods, home remedies, and Ayurvedic Treatment Measures of Dermatophagoides farinae Allergy can help in soothing down the symptoms and provide relief from the allergy.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Dermatophagoides Farinae Allergy
Ayurveda offers a wide range of Ayurvedic treatment measures to cure Dermatophagoides farinae allergy using various simple ingredients available in your households and which are completely safe. A few such home remedies are:
- Green Tea: Green tea is an excellent remedy to cure allergies because of the abundance of antioxidants it possesses. It helps in aiding the allergy and its symptoms.
- Peppermint Tea: The decongestant and anti-inflammatory properties of peppermint help in providing relief from coughing, sneezing, congestion, and runny nose, caused by the allergy. It can be consumed in the form of peppermint tea and can be prepared by adding dried peppermint leaves to boiling water along with honey.
- Honey: Honey that is procured locally or in its raw forms naturally contains some amount of pollens. If consumed daily, it helps the body get familiar with them and reduces its sensitivity against pollens and dust mites.
- Turmeric Milk: Also known as golden milk, as it possesses excellent healing properties and prevents the body from allergies by reducing the release of histamines which is responsible for causing allergies and infections. Turmeric milk also helps in building immunity, and its regular intake is extremely beneficial for boosting overall health.
- Jal Neti: This is an age-old practice in Ayurveda and has a special recognition in helping fight against various nasal allergies. It is basically a form of nasal irrigation conducted by using a neti pot and warm salt water by pouring it into one of the nostrils and letting it out of the other. It helps in rinsing out all the dust and impurities from the system, especially the nasal passage.
- Cow’s Ghee: Adding two drops of cow’s ghee every morning to your nostrils helps in forming a thick layer of protection that prevents the dust mites and allergens from entering the body while inhaling, thus preventing chances of getting an allergy.
Prevention Against the Allergy
Dust mites can be managed by following a few preventive measures and procedures, which include:
- Prefer buying washable stuff toys and try keeping them away from your bedding.
- Prefer wooden flooring over carpeted ones.
- Declutter frequently to avoid the settling in of dust.
- Dust frequently using a damp cloth, mop, or oiled towel.
- Washing your entire bedding including pillow and cushion covers in a hot detergent solution and dry them in natural sunlight.
Adhering to a few preventive measures and using Ayurvedic treatment measures can help in treating dermatophagoides farinae allergy and its symptoms.
If you would like to seek any further assistance you can get in touch with us at IAFA®, where we provide Ayurvedic medical solutions to help you deal with certain allergies and benefit the maximum by boosting your overall immunity.