अव्यक्त: प्रथमेमासेसप्ताहात्कललंभवेत् l
गर्भ: पुंसवनान्यत्रपूर्वंव्यक्ते: प्रयोजयेत्ll
Pumsavanam is a medical practice described in Ayurveda for receiving a child of desirable gender. It is also advised to ensure the birth of a healthy baby. Pumsavana is one among the sixteen samskaras (ceremonies) explained by ancient scholars of Ayurveda. It can be considered to have some action in human genetics. Moreover, the complexion, glow, and mental health of the child can be improved through Pumsavana karma. Dr. Gupta’s IAFA® provides advice and instruction to pregnant ladies as well as to those who are preparing for conception. IAFA® serves the principles and procedures explained in Ayurveda to give birth to a healthy and auspicious child.
Time for Pumsavana Karma
Procedures in Pumsavana
Several medicines and procedures are explained by scholars of Ayurveda as Pumsavana karma to have favorite child. These procedures are:
- Prepare a masculine statue using gold, silver, or iron and make it red hot under fire on the day of Pushya star. This red hot statue is dipped in milk and four doses of this milk should be consumed.
- Certain drugs like Jivaka (Malaxis acuminata), Rishabhaka (Malaxis muscifera), Sahachara (Nilgirianthus Ciliatus), etc. should be made into a paste and mixed in water. This is to be consumed on the day of Pushya star.
- Nasya (nasal installation) is advised. The root of Bruhati (Solanum indicum) is made into a paste along with milk and is filtered. If the couple desires for a male child, then it is to be administered in the right nostril. If a female child is a wish, then it is administered through the left nostril. The medicine should either be self-administered by the woman or by her husband.
- Oral or nasal administration of paste of the root of Lakshmana (Ipomoea sepiaria) is favorable for the birth of a male baby. It is also good for strengthening of the fetus in the womb.
- The use of eight flower buds of Vata (Ficus benghalensis) as paste in milk either for Nasya or oral consumption also gives the same result as above.
- Internal and external use of Jivaniya (life-promoting) group of drugs is advised
- The pregnant lady should always be served with butter, ghee, milk, etc.
- The pregnant lady should be treated well, both physically and mentally by her husband and maids.
These procedures and practice help in the strengthening of embryo, proper growth and development and also for the birth of a healthy and fortunate baby.
“Dr. Gupta’s IAFA® is offering these treatment procedures to aid you in the birth of a healthy child. Institute of Applied Food Allergy® is well experienced in Ayurvedic pregnancy care both in antenatal and postnatal period”.
Hold hands with IAFA® to build a healthier generation!!
– Dr. Sahil Gupta (B.A.M.S., M.H.A.)
Ayurvedic Allergy Specialist
CEO & Founder of IAFA®
Article Written By: Dr. Sahil Gupta (B.A.M.S., M.H.A.)