Diagnosing an allergy is more complicated than administering a skin prick test, taking a blood sample or doing radiology investigations and sending patients away with a prescription slip.
रोगमादौ परीक्षेत ततोऽनन्तरमौषधम् ततः कर्म भिषक पश्चात ज्ञानपूर्व समाचरेत् ।
Diagnosing an allergy is more complicated than administering a skin prick test, taking a blood sample or doing radiology investigations and sending patients away with a prescription slip. Before this modern pathy, there was the eightfold examination process called Ashtavidha Pariksha. (Ashta means “eight,” “vidha” means fold or process, and “pariksha” means exam.) This checkup is still practiced today by Dr. Gupta certified ayurveda allergist. Dr. Gupta master in his ashtavidha pariksha especially in allergic disorder should be able to look beyond your symptoms.
Patients of allergies treated successfully
Find the origin of your allergies
Fill in your details, IAFA’s will contact you within 24 hours to book your consultation
IAFA Ayurvedic general Examination ( Rogi Pareeksha and Roga Pareeksha)
IAFA is following general Ayurvedic examination initially to identify the basic nature of an individual based on Vata, Pitta and Kapha dosha.
The general examination includes
- Darshana Pareeksha (Physical examination through observing to identity the general details)
- Sparshana Pareeksha (To identity the temperature changes and nature of the individual touch examination of different types are made as per Ayurveda)
- Prashna Pareeksha ( Asking required questions as per Ayurveda to identify the diet, regimen and other certain personal details)
Identifying the factors named
- Nidana ( Root cause)
- Pragrupa or Poorvarupa ( Prodromal symptoms)
- Rupa ( Signs and Symptoms)
- Upasaya ( Identifying the precipitating and healing factors of a condition) and
- Samprapti ( Identifying the manifestation process of disease based on Vata, Pitta and Kapha), are also the initial aim of IAFA professionals.
IAFA Tenfold examination or Dashavidha Pareeksha
After general Ayurveda diagnosis, IAFA is using the tenfold examination mentioned as per Ayurveda.In general there are two variants of tenfold examinations. The first variant is mentioned in Charaka Samhita and second variant is mentioned in Ashtanga Hrudaya.
Tenfold examination in Charaka Samhita
- Prakruti (constitution of body)
- Vikruti (pathological examination)
- Sara (examination of elemental tissue & mind)
- Samhanana(examination of compactness of body)
- Pramana(measurement of an individual in total)
- Satmya (suitable regimens and routines)
- Satva (examination of mental constitution)
- Aharashakti (examination of digestive power)
- Vyayamashakti (examination of strength by exercise) and
- Vaya (examination of age).
Tenfold examination in Ashtanga Hrudaya
- Dooshayam (Vitiated tissue)
- Desham (The body and the living area)
- Balam (General strength)
- Kalam (General seasons and state within an individual)
- Analam (Digestion power)
- Prakriti (General constitution)
- Vaya (Age)
- Satmyam (Suitable routine and regimen)
- Aharaavastha (Feel to have food) are the tenfold examination performed at IAFA based on Ashtanga Hrudaya.
Importance of Eightfold examination in Allergy
Based on the gati (movement) of nadi(pulse), the predominance of Vata, Pitta and Kapha dosha is identified. This diagnosis measure helps to identity the pathology within an individual.Dr.Gupta have developed a unique pulse diagnosis technique to identity the allergic disorders.
Urine examination also has great involvement in understanding an allergic disorder. The nature of urine shows the predominant dosha involved in causing various allergies. Dr. Sahil Gupta have developed a well established laboratory at IAFA for assuring the best quality Ayurvedic analysis.
The nature of stool is very important to identify the predominance of dosha in each allergic disorders. Based on Vata, Pitta and Kapha dosha predominance the nature of stool or fecal matter varies. IAFA has great facilities to examine stool based on Ayurveda criteria to assure a perfect diagnosis and treatment.
The nature of tongue is clearly observed to note the dosha level within an individual. Tongue examination gives accurate levels of doshas and helps to diagnose various allergy conditions. As per Dr. Sahil Gupta's observation each allergic disorders shows unique pattern on changes on tongue. Tongue examination helps to get vast details of the allergicdisorders and nature of an individual.
TheSabda Pareeksha or Voice or Sound examination also is very important in diagnosing allergies. Based on Vata, Pitta and Kapha dosha the voice as well as sound of different body part varies. IAFA have conducted detailed studies to identify the dosha predominance by assessing voice and sounds from different body parts to give an accurate diagnosis and treatment.
The unique Eye examination performed at IAFA gives clear diagnosis of different allergic conditions. Dr.Sahil Gupta was trained under the ancient Ashtavidha Pareeksha under various Ayurveda pulse diagnosis professionals and have designed his own method of eightfold examination for obtaining the accurate diagnosis and assuring the apt treatment.
The touch examination is very important in case of diagnosing allergies. 5Dosha predominance can be identified with high accuracyby giving a touch examination.Sparsha Pareeksha of different areas performed at IAFA as a part of allergic disorder diagnosis. Based on Vata, Pitta and Kapha dosha predominance the touch examination gives a clear picture of allergy and associated symptoms.
The Akruti Pareeksha or Built examination or Shape examination, aims at understanding the prakruti (basic constitution) as well as vikruti( misbalance of doshas) within an individual. IAFA have conducted long term research program to establish the relationship between doshas and Akruti of an individual.
Ashtavidha Pareeksha or Eightfold examinations including Pulse diagnosis In allergy
AshtavidhaPareeksha is the major and unique diagnosing method used at IAFA. This method helps in understanding an individual completely. The somatic as well as psychic levels of the individual can be attained by performing unique IAFA AshtavidhaPareksha including Pulse Diagnosis.
The examinations included under Ashtavidha Pareeksha or Eightfold examinations are,
- Pulse diagnosis or Pulse examination (NadiPareeksha)
- Tongue examination (Jihwa Pareeksha)
- Stool examination (Mala Pareeksha)
- Urine examination (Mootra Pareeksha)
- Sound examination (Sabda Pareeksha)
- Touch examination (Sparsha Pareeksha)
- Eye examination (Drik Pareeksha)
- General built and appearance examination (Akruti Pareeksha)
Dr.Sahil Gupta, the Master in Pulse diagnosis
Dr.Sahil Gupta is blessed with the ability of understanding the constitution of an individual by mere observation.Pulse examination or pulse diagnosis is performed by Dr. Gupta to get a clear diagnosis from the patient. All the medical experts at IAFA are trained in pulse diagnosis.Under the leadership of Dr.Gupta, IAFA have treated more than 50000 allergic disorders and other general conditions diagnosed using Pulse diagnosis along with other examinations.
The key examination method at IAFA: Ashtavidha Pareeksha
Ashtavidha Pareeksha helps to assess the present state of doshas especially in the condition of a disease. Each assessment is made based on the levels of Vata, Pitta and Kapha dosha respectively. Dr. Gupta is diagnosing various allergies accurately based on Ashtavidha Pareeksha especially Nadi Pareeksha or Pulse diagnosis. Food allergy, skin allergy, nasal alley and fungal infections are diagnosed with the proper understanding of present level of various dosha distribution. The pulse diagnosis made at IAFA is accurately and helps to design the appropriate treatment measures to add complete cure to a patient.