Broncho-Pulmonary Aspergillosis (Shwasaroga)
Bronchopulmonaryaspergillosis is a fungal infection of the lung due to a hypersensitivity reaction to antigens of Aspergillusfumigatus after colonization into the airways. It commonly presents in the third to fifth decade of life. It is also common in children. It usually found in severe asthmatics and patients with cystic fibrosis. It causes airway inflammation, leading to bronchiectasis, if it left untreated, the immune system and fungal spores can damage sensitive lung tissues and lead to scarring.
In Ayurveda, Bronchopulmonaryaspergillosismay be included in Shwasa and Kasaroga mentioned in ayurvedic texts due to the similarity in aetiopathogenesis and clinical presentation. As per theAyurvedic principles, respiratory diseases have the predominance of Vatadosha(one among the functional pillars of body) along with vitiation of Kaphadosha and Pranavahasrotas (cardio-respiratory system).
Dr.Gupta’sIAFA successfully address this condition and provides very safe and efffective treatment forBronchopulmonaryaspergillosis.
Causes of Bronchopulmonaryaspergillosis
It is a condition characterised by an exaggerated response of the immune system (a hypersensitivity response) to the fungus Aspergillus.Aspergilluscolonization prompts vigorous antibody (IgE and IgG) and cell-mediated immune responses (type I, III, and IV hypersensitivity reactions) to Aspergillus antigens, leading to frequent, recurrent asthma exacerbations.
Ayurvedic reference of Broncho-Pulmonary Aspergillosis-Shwasaroga
Symptoms of Bronchopulmonaryaspergillosis
- Almost all patients have clinically diagnosed asthma, and present with wheezing (usually episodic in nature)
- Shortness of breath
- Exercise intolerance (especially in patients with cystic fibrosis)
- Pleuritic chest pain
“Institute of Applied Food Allergy® offers successful Ayurvedic Management for Bronchopulmonaryaspergillosis. Dr.Gupta’sIAFA is committed towards providing the best care with compassion and excellence in service”.
The skill to heal, The spirit to care!!!…For your better health, Reach Dr.Gupta’s IAFA
-Allergist, Dr. Sahil Gupta
Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery
Master’s in Health Administration
Diet in Bronchopulmonaryaspergillosis
Do’s (Pathya) in Bronchopulmonaryaspergillosis
- Godhuma (wheat), Old rice, Mudga (green gram), Kulattha (Horse gram), Yava (barley), Patola (snake gourd)
- Use of Garlic, Turmeric, Ginger, Black pepper
- Luke warm water, Goat milk, Honey.
Don’ts (Apathya) in Bronchopulmonaryaspergillosis
- Heavy, cold diet, Masha (black gram)
- Deep fried items, Mustard leaves, Fish
- Exposure to Cold & Humid atmosphere
- Sweets, Chilled water, Stored food items, Curd
- Suppression of natural urges
- Excessive physical exertion
- Exposure to Smoke, Dust and fumes, Pollutants and Pollens
Yoga Therapy for Bronchopulmonaryaspergillosis
Nadi-shodhana Pranayama leads to marked improvement in the lung functions by strengtheningthe respiratory muscles and decreasing the resistance to the air flow in the lungs
Ayurvedic Treatment forBronchopulmonaryaspergillosis
Treatment principle for respiratory disorders as per Ayurveda is is to balance both vataandkapha, so the drugs used for these diseases should possess qualities like vata-kaphashamaka (alleviating vata&kaphadosha), ushna(hot by potency) and vatanulomana(carminative). Ayurveda has also potent single drugs and compound formulations for breakingthe pathology of these respiratory ailments.
Internal Medicines forBronchopulmonaryaspergillosis
- Vasa Vyaghrikashaya
- Vasa ghrita
External therapies forBronchopulmonaryaspergillosis
- Abhyanga (massage) with Sarsapataila (mixed withsaindhavalavana) on chest
- Swedana (hot fomentation)
- Vamana (emesis therapy),
- Virechna (purgation therapy)
Single herbs used in Bronchopulmonaryaspergillosis
- Vasa(Adhatodavasica )
- Madhuyasti(Glycirrhizaglabra )
- Bharangi(Clerodendrumserratum )
- Pushkarmoola(Inularacemosa )
- Vibhitaka(Terminaliabellerica )
- Shati(Hedychiumspicatium )
- Tulsi(Ocimum sanctum)
- Shirisha (Albizialebbek )
- Haridra(Curcuma longa)
Article Written By: Dr. Sahil Gupta, Ayurvedic Allergist