Pityriasis Rosea (Mandala Kusta)
कृच्छ्रमन्योन्यसंसक्तंकुष्ठंमण्डलमुच्यते || १६ ||
PITYRIASIS ROSEA-Mandala Kusta
Pityriasisrosea is a common skin condition that usually begins as a large circular or oval lesion called herald patch, which then spreads to other parts of body as smaller spots of characteristic drooping pine tree branch appearance. This disease has higher incidence in age group 10 to 35. It is a self limiting painless condition and usually recedes away on its own.Ayurveda is successfully managing wide range of skin ailments including PityriasisRosea through natural friendly measures.Dr.Gupta’s IAFA is the top Ayurvedic destination in managing skin conditions like PityriasisRosea with high success rate.
symptoms of Pityriasisrosea
- Raised large patch on skin, 2-10 cm diameter especially on chest, back, or abdomen followed by smaller lesions mostly along the ribs in later stage of disease.
- The lesions cause itching, redness, or scaling of skin.
- Fever, sorethroat, headache, fatigue are often associated with PityriasisRosea.
AYURVEDIC PERSPECTIVEON PITYRIASIS ROSEA
causes of Pityriasisrosea
- Usually caused by reactivation of herpes virus of strain 6 and 7 .
- Always associated with viral infection history, mostly of childhood origin.
- Complications are rare but may cause severe itching, dark sports or scarring even after healing.
- There are evidences of miscarriage on getting affected by PiyriasisRosea while pregnant.
“Dr.Gupta’s IAFA is the top Ayurvedic destination in managing skin conditions like PityriasisRosea with high success rate. Institute of Applied Food Allergy® assures the safe and completely natural friendly healing”.
Feel the natural healing at IAFA!!!
-Allergist, Dr. Sahil Gupta
Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery
Master’s in Health Administration
Diet in PityriasisRosea
PATHYA (DO’s) in PityriasisRosea
- Avoid exposure to sun ,extreme weather ,wind etc
- Follow personal hygiene , low carbohydrate ,light vegetarian food.
APATHYA (DONTS’s) in Pityriasisrosea
- Avoid Yogurt,Seafoods , Chocolates and Non vegetarian foods
- Sitakari pranayama
- Kapalbati pranayama
- Brahma mudra
- Prana mudra
- Kaphadosha balancing and standard skin disease Ayurvedictreatment based on extend of dosha vitiation can be performed in PityriasisRosea.
- Virechana(purgation)- Manibhadragudam
- Nasya (Nasal medication)- Madhuyastyaditaila
SINGLE HERBS USED IN PITYRIASIS ROSEA
- Aragwada (Cassia fistula)
- Katuki (Picrorrhizakurroa)
Article Written By: Dr. Sahil Gupta, Ayurvedic Allergist