Pityriasis Rosea (Mandala Kusta)
कृच्छ्रमन्योन्यसंसक्तंकुष्ठंमण्डलमुच्यते || १६ ||
Ayurvedic Treatment of Pityriasis Rosea (Mandala Kushta)
Pityriasis rosea is a common skin condition that usually begins as a large circular or oval lesion called herald patch, which then spreads to other parts of the body as smaller spots of characteristic drooping pine tree branch appearance. This disease has higher incidence in age group 10 to 35. It is a self-limiting painless condition and usually recedes away on its own. Ayurveda is successfully managing a wide range of skin ailments including Pityriasis Rosea through natural friendly measures. Dr. Gupta’s IAFA is the top Ayurvedic destination in managing skin conditions like Pityriasis Rosea with a high success rate.
Symptoms of Pityriasis Rosea
- Raised large patch on the skin, 2-10 cm diameter especially on the chest, back, or abdomen followed by smaller lesions mostly along the ribs in the later stage of the disease.
- The lesions cause itching, redness, or scaling of the skin.
- Fever, sore throat, headache, fatigue are often associated with Pityriasis Rosea.
Ayurvedic Perspective on Pityriasis Rosea
Causes of Pityriasis rosea
- Usually caused by reactivation of the herpes virus of strain 6 and 7.
- Always associated with viral infection history, mostly of childhood origin.
- Complications are rare but may cause severe itching, dark sports, or scarring even after healing.
- There is evidence of miscarriage on getting affected by Piyriasis Rosea while pregnant.
“Dr. Gupta’s IAFA is the top Ayurvedic destination in managing skin conditions like Pityriasis Rosea with a high success rate. Institute of Applied Food Allergy® assures the safe and completely natural friendly healing”.
Feel the natural healing at IAFA!!!
– Dr. Sahil Gupta (B.A.M.S., M.H.A.)
Ayurvedic Allergy Specialist
CEO & Founder of IAFA®
Diet in Pityriasis Rosea
Pathya (Do’s) in Pityriasis Rosea
- Avoid exposure to the sun, extreme weather, wind, etc.
- Follow personal hygiene, low carbohydrate, light vegetarian food.
Apathya (Donts’s) in Pityriasis rosea
- Avoid Yogurt, Seafoods, Chocolates and Non vegetarian foods
Pranayama / Meditative Therapy
- Sitakari pranayama
- Kapalbati pranayama
- Brahma mudra
- Prana mudra
- Kapha dosha balancing and standard skin disease Ayurvedic treatment based on extend of dosha vitiation can be performed in Pityriasis Rosea.
- Nimbadi kasayam
- Kaisora guggulu
- Rasagandhi mezhuku
- Guggulu marichadi tailam
- Triphala churnam
- Eladi churnam
- Lodradi churnam
- Virechana (purgation) – Manibhadragudam
- Nasya (Nasal medication) – Madhuyastyaditaila
Single Herbs Used in Pityriasis Rosea
- Neem (Azadirachta indica)
- Aragwada (Cassia fistula)
- Katuki (Picrorhiza kurroa)
Article Written By: Dr. Sahil Gupta (B.A.M.S., M.H.A.)