Hair loss solutions in Ayurveda
Hair loss solutions in Ayurveda
Hair Loss from the scalp is called as Alopecia.It can be a permanent or temporary.Hairs are considered as essential part of overall identity for human beings.It often represents attractiveness of a personality.Hairloss in some people causes anxiety, depression. Hair care and hair protection is easily possible through IAFA Ayurvedic measures.
Hair growth consists of three phases
Anagen Phase: In this phase hair grows actively for years.
Catagen Phase: In this phase hair stops growing and separates from its follicles.This phase lasts about 10 days.
Telogen Phase: In this phase follicles rest for three months and then hair falls out.
Next Anagen Phase as a new hair grows in the same follicles.
Most people lose 50 to 100 hairs per day as a part of natural cycle.If the cycle disrupted or if hair follicle is damaged,hair may begin to fall out more quickly.
Causes of Hair Loss or Khalitya
- Excessive consumption of hot,spicy,salty,sour Food Items
- Unwholesome Food Combinations
- Wrong Food Combinations
- Day Time Sleep
- Excessive Exercise
Ayurvedic Reference of Hair Loss
Types of Hair Loss or Alopecia
- Androgenic Alopecia: It’s a hereditary type of hair loss but can be managed with medications or surgery.More common types are Male Pattern Hair Loss and Female Pattern Hair Loss.
- Telogen Effluvium: Telogen is the resting phase of the but in this type next growth phase doesn’t begin.This causes Hair fall without new hair growth.
- Anagen Effluvium: It’s a rapid hair loss resulting from medical treatment, e.g. Chemotherapy
- Alopecia Areata: Its Autoimmune Condition resulting hair fall and prevents new hair from growing.
- Tinea Captious: It’s a scalp ring Worm,fungal infection of the scalp.
- Cicatricial Alopecia: Rare type of Alopecia,inwhich inflammation destroys hair follicles and causes scar tissue to form in their phase,and hair doesn’t grow.
- Lichen Planopilaris: In this type scalp becomes dry,flaky rash to appear that causes hair falls out in clumps.
- Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia: This type occurs in post-menopausal women,hair loss in eyebrows and underarms.
- Central Centrifugal Cicatricial Alopecia: It occurs because of hair products or styling techniques that damage hair follicles.
- Traction Alopecia: It occurs because of tight ponytails,braids that pulls hair away from the scalp.
Signs and Symptoms of Hair Loss or Khalitya
- Itching Scalp
- Greasy Scalp
- Hair Fall
“Ayurveda is the ancient knowledge about the purposes of life. Along with teaching about the purposes of life Ayurveda teaches us, the method of naturalhealing. Dr. Gupta’s IAFA is one among the leaders of spreading Ayurveda around the globe. Institute of Applied Food Allergy® is the best Ayurvedic destination for immunology related disorders in Ayurveda”.
A transforming, healing presence in Ayurveda!!!
Reach Dr. Gupta’s IAFA for all your worries about your health.
– Dr. Sahil Gupta (B.A.M.S., M.H.A.)
Ayurvedic Allergy Specialist
CEO & Founder of IAFA®
Diet Management of Hair Loss or Khalitya
Do’s (Pathya) Consume Following,
- Fenugreek seeds
- Leafy Vegetables
- Coriander Leaves
Don’ts (Apathya) Avoid Following,
Excessive consumption of,
- Ice Cold Drinks
Yogasanas and Pranayama for Hair Loss or Khalitya
Yogasanas and Pranayama stimulates circulation of blood and oxygen on the scalp and helps to rejuvenate hair to promote hair growth and to maintain healthy scalp and hair.It works in improving digestion and reducing stress.Practicefollowing Yogasanas and Pranayama regularly.
Internal Medicines for Hair Loss or Khalitya
Purification Therapy for Hair Loss or Khalitya
Purification Therapy or Panchakarma is detoxification procedure and it has unique approach to the disease hence it is essential for the management of the disease.
It improves blood circulation,relives stress,relaxes muscle and relieves pain.
In Swedan purification Therapy in which Ayurveda herbs steam given to the patient.SarivaKwath,DashmoolKwath, are used in Swedan.
Medicines are given orally to clean gastrointestinal tract.Body removes toxins through the rectum.
Some Ayurveda herbs mixed with oil or any other liquid like milk or ghrita drops puts in the nostrils.Ghrita,Anutail,Shadbindu Tail used in Nasya.
Or blood letting.It is used to remove impure blood from the body and it helps to eliminate vitiated dosha and toxins from the body.
Single Herbs used in Hair Loss or Khalitya
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
- Shikakai (Soap Pod)
- Reetha (Soap Nut)
- Kumari (Aloe Vera)
- Japa (Hibiscus)
- Neem (Azadirachtaindica)
- Brahmi (Bacopamonnieri)
- Shloka No. 28, Chapter – Kshudraroga, MadhavNidan Indian Materia Medica of Acharaya Madhava.
- Ashtanga Hrudaya, Hindi Commentary by Shri Krishanalalji Bharatiya (Rasayanvidhi Adhyaya – 39/159 Uttarasthanam)
- Sushruta Samhita by Maharishi Sushruta, Nibandhasamgraha Commentary by Dalhanacharya, Edited by Choukhamba, 2005, Uttartantra, Chapter 27, p. 21.
- Charak Samhita, Vidyhyotini Hindi Commentary of Dipika by Kashiram Shastri and Dr. Ghorakhnath Chaturvedi, Chaukhamba Bharti Academy, Varanasi, Part I, Reprint 2005, Ch. Su. 24.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question.What illness causes Hair Loss?
Question. Can Hair Loss is the sign of big disease?
Question. Does Stress causes Hair Loss?
Question. Can Ayurveda cures Hair Loss?
Question. Can Ayurveda prevent Hair Loss?
Question. What is the cause of hair thinning?
Question. What are the herbs useful in hair loss?
Question. How Ayurveda treats hair loss?
Question. How Yoga and Pranayam can help in hair loss?
Article Written By: : Dr. Sahil Gupta (B.A.M.S., M.H.A.)
Keywords: Hair Loss, Hair Fall, Alopecia, Khalitya, Hair Growth.