Gluten intolerance is one of the common food allergies in children and can be successfully treated with a high success rate by IAFA specific Ayurveda treatment measures. Dr. Sahil Gupta, the well known Ayurveda Allergy Specialist and the founder of the Institute of Applied Food Allergy® has successfully treated thousands of food allergy patients around the world. Ayurvedic treatment of food allergy is one of IAFA’s successful measures. This blog is a case study on Gluten intolerance with atopic dermatitis along with slight nasal allergies successfully treated in IAFA®.
Food, Skin and nasal allergies a triangular allergy march pattern is one of the common health concerns found in children of this generation. A case report of a 4 years old female child, who presented with complaints of severe constipation with unbearable abdominal pain from nine months along with atopic dermatitis where the patient experienced itching with a prickling sensation on the skin specifically over the legs for 5 months. The child also experienced behavioral changes including irritation, anger issues, tiredness due to illness. In Ayurveda, various food allergic conditions are correlated with Aahar Asatmyata. The patient’s parents have opted for Ayurvedic treatment at IAFA. IAFA’s treatment procedure internal herbal remedies suggested by Dr. Sahil Gupta. Positive results were noticed within 15 days and the condition was almost reduced within 3 months and improvised the patient’s condition better. The understanding of this Ayurvedic ancient wisdom is worth being known and admired because it plays a key role in this treatment.
Food Allergy, Gluten Intolerance, Atopic dermatitis, Nasal Allergies, Aahar Asatyamta.
Unfortunately, Allopathic treatment doesn’t provide a holistic treatment for the treatment of food allergies. The particular allergen has to be eliminated from the body, which is not possible with the use of antihistamines and corticosteroids which only provide symptomatic relief. But, we are still fortunate to have Ayurveda. The patient’s parents have opted for IAFA® for the treatment of her condition. Dr. Sahil Gupta is the founder and CEO of IAFA®. His treatment for food allergies, nasal allergies, and skin allergies has been known worldwide. The best thing about Dr. Gupta’s treatment is his compassion and care for the patients through his video consultation and continuous follow up by the team until the root cause is eliminated. His treatment is not only limited to India but also has been well known in the west too including USA and Canada.
To understand the better pathogenesis of the disease, the author presents a case report.
A 4 years old girl, visited OPD on a date 5/10/2021 with the following details.
- Patient name: Inaya (Anonym)
- UID NO: 6548
- Date of registration: 5/10/2021
Inaya came to IAFA® with chief complaints of combination with abdominal pain for 9 months along with continuous itching and profiling sensation on the skin specifically on the legs for 5 months. Some behavioral changes were also noticed. The patient used to take antihistamines, laxatives for the treatment of constipation and corticosteroids to suppress the inflammation. But they only give relief to some extent and come with a bunch of side effects which are not safe, especially at this age. Dr. Gupta after doing Astavidha pareeksha gets an accurate diagnosis. Constipation and bloating along with atopic dermatitis are due to Aahar Asatymata. Upon pathogenic investigation of the food intolerance test, the doctor found out that the patient is particularly having intolerances to Gluten ( a protein that is present in wheat and barley). Due to gluten intolerance in a patient, the digestion of food is interrupted resulting in the accumulation of (Ama ) toxins that further increase atopic dermatitis. As per Ayurvedic consultation and tests conducted, the final diagnosis of the patient is:-
- Aahar Asatmyata (food intolerances)
- Grahani Roga (wheat or gluten intolerance)
- Vicharchika (Atopic dermatitis)
- Vata-Kaphaja Pratishyaya (Nasal Allergy)
Below, provided a little bit of detail about the diagnosis for better understanding of Ayurveda and how it plays a key role in our health.
- Aahar Asatmyata (food intolerances ): In Ayurveda, Aahar Asatmyata deals with any kind of food allergy or intolerance. It is mainly due to the incompatibility of the digestive system to digest the food there resulting in the accumulation of ama also known as endotoxins. These are primary causative elements for the generation of antibodies by our immune system considering this undigested food as an antigens. The final result can range from a small allergic reaction to fatal anaphylaxis.
- Grahani Roga (wheat or gluten intolerance ): It is a condition also known as wheat and gluten allergy. Gluten is a type of protein that is usually present in wheat. When a patient is allergic to gluten, if consumed, then our immune system gets triggered resulting in an allergic reaction and indigestion and inappropriate absorption of food. Indigestion along with inflammation in the gut is commonly seen in Grahani Roga due to the increase in the accumulation of Ama in the internal body channels (srotas) that reduce the Agni element (digestive fire) in our body.
- Vicharchika (Atopic dermatitis ): It is a type of skin condition which results in rashes due to intense itching which may worsen at night times or when the patient is exposed to certain allergens. Here the patient experiences intensive itching especially on the legs after consuming gluten containing food. The skin may be lichenified, thick and scaly due to itchiness.
- Vata-Kaphaja Pratishyaya (Nasal Allergy): It is a normal nasal allergy including symptoms but not limited to sneezing, itchy nose, itchy ears and eyes, runny nose, nasal discharge, nasal congestion and so on.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
The diagnosis of Gluten intolerance requires careful recording of the history of the patient’s symptoms as well as her food habits. The main objective of the treatment was to manage food allergy, and atopic dermatitis and to prevent nasal allergies.
Treatment: The patient has undergone a special treatment which includes internal treatment herbal remedies along some general rules prescribed by Dr. Sahil Gupta and the results were seen to be positive within just 15 days and drastically relieved within 3 months of treatment.
Treatment plan: started on 5/10/2021
- Pratimarsha Nasya Karma with Nasayoga Grutham: 2-4 drops given twice a day in the early morning and at bedtimes in the bilateral nostril and naval area also.
- IAFA E-5 Cell Repair Oil for local application (enriched with Pongamia oil): 3-5 ml IAFA E-5 Cell Repair Oil over the dry and affected body part thrice in a day and also when any allergic response is noticed.
- IAFA Swaras Chikitsa with Aahar Amrutham Ras: 1 teaspoon or 5ml with an equal amount of water after meal twice in a day.
- IAFA Skin Detox Drops: 1ml with 20 ml of water thrice in a day after meal.
- Anthra Mithram Gulika: One tablet should be taken with lukewarm water once a day 1 hour after a meal.
- Kutaja Ghan Vati: One tablet once a day with lukewarm water 1 hour after a meal.
Description of Medicines:
1) Pratimarsha Nasya Karma: NasaYoga Grutham: It’s a pure 100% natural product made out of herbal processed Gir cow grutham under the control of IAFA®.
Infused with respiratory wellness herbs. It helps in free-breathing and provides seasonal comfort. It helps to reduce prana vaha srotasam Atipravruti.
|Go Grutham||Gir Cow Ghee||QS|
2) E-5 Cell Repair Oil: It is a natural 100% product and helps in maintaining healthy skin.
|Karanj||Pongamia Glabra Vent||2gm|
|Coconut oil||Cocoa Nucifera||100ml|
3) IAFA Swaras Chikitsa: It is infused with digestive wellness herbs. Keeps intestinal balance healthy and helps to reduce Anna-Rasa-udaka vaha srotasam Atipravruti.
- It is a 100% Natural product free from artificial sweeteners, flavour and colours.
- It’s devoid of wheat, gluten, dairy, corn, soy, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, fish or shellfish.
Key ingredients: Swaras (Juice ) of Chotti Dhudhi, shrifal, Bhoomi Amla and Punarnava.
4) IAFA Skin Detox Drops: It maintains healthy metabolism, infused with skin wellness herbs. It helps to reduce Rasa-Rakta Vaha Stotasam Antipravruti.
Key ingredients: Vasa, sonf, manjistha, devadaru, vyaghri, patola, khadira, aragwadha, krimijit, Amrutha, karanja.
5) Anthra Mithram Gulika: It supports GI repair, care and helps to improve digestion at the level of Grahami.
Key ingredients: Praval panchamrut Ras, Piyush villa ras, Mukta panchamrut Ras, Kutajghan Vati, Giloy Satv, Godanti Bhasam, Swarnamakshik Bhasam, Mukta shukti pishti, Vijay parpati, Panchamrut parpati, Suvarna Parpati.
6) Kutaja Ghanvati: It is an ayurvedic classical formulation and is usually given to maintain a healthy digestive system and intestinal balance.
After follow up for one month:
IAFA team has followed up with the patient with continuous contact and support and arranged consultations with the doctor whenever needed. The results were immensely improved when compelled to before. Constipation and drastically reduced and thankfully no behavioral changes were noticed.
Follow up on 25/11/2021
Same treatment plan with similar doses with a new herbal remedy that is Total Care 3X Ras was prescribed by Dr. Gupta to the patient for next consecutive month:
A. External procedure:
- Pratimarsha Nasya Karma with Nasayoga Grutham
- IAFA E-5 Cell Repair oil
B. Internal Medications:
- IAFA Swaras chikitsa with Aahar Amrutham Ras
- IAFA Skin Detox Drops
- Anthra Mithram Gulika
- Kutaja Ghanvati
To the above-mentioned medicines, Dr. Sahil Gupta added a new medicine.
- Total Care 3x Ras: This is a well-balanced herbal formula particularly useful for healthy skin and healthy respiratory system. It is a pure 100% natural product free from any artificial sweetener, flavor or colors.
Key ingredients: Satyanashi, Dronapushpi, Sirisha, Bhoomi Amla, Vasa Putapaka, Dughdhika, Yavakshara, Yashtimadhu.
After follow up for another month: Our team extended the follow up for another month to ensure that the problems have been eliminated from the root cause and the patient is from all kinds of sufferings that she reported from. After continuous 3 months of treatment at IAFA®, the patient’s parents reported that gluten intolerance has reduced drastically and skin rashes and nasal allergies have not been reported.
Treatment: The treatment has been the same and implemented on 12/02/2022.
Along with the above-mentioned treatment, Dr. Sahil Gupta also advised the patient to follow herbal remedies like cumin water and fennel water. They improve the digestion of the food and help in absorbing nutrients from the food thereby reducing the release of endotoxins (Ama).
As per Ayurveda, food allergies are chased due to various reasons, a few among them may be consumption of virudhaahara (inappropriate food combinations ), managing (low digestive fire ) etc., which eventually results in the accumulation of ama (endotoxins ). The ama is the key that is responsible for almost every kind of intolerance and allergies in our body. Dr. Sahil Gupta has expertise in eliminating endotoxins by using external therapies that are panchakarma which is 5 steps to detoxify your body and rakta moksha which is purely detoxifying your blood and internal herbal remedies.
The patient and their parents were happy with the treatment that had been provided at IAFA® and they expressed their gratitude as their daughter can no longer suffer from gluten intolerance and can happily have her favorite foods without any restrictions but yes within limits.
This is the case study of a patient who is suffering from Gluten intolerance with Atopic Dermatitis along with Slight nasal allergies. Do visit IAFA® if you are suffering from any kind of allergies and have proper consultation and treatment from Dr. Sahil Gupta. It is worth mentioning that our products are 100% natural and free from any kind of artificial sweetener, flavor or colors. So, they are safe for your children too. Herbal medicines do not have any side effects.