Crohn’s disease is a kind of Inflammatory Bowel Disease that causes inflammation of the digestive tract that leads to abdominal pain, unexpected weight loss, fatigue, diarrhea, and malnutrition. This usually happens due to an imbalance of doshas (Vata, pitta, Kapha) that bring about the symptoms mentioned earlier.
Natural Treatment of Crohn’s Disease is possible by implementing certain dietary and lifestyle changes, yoga asanas, therapies along with effective herbal remedies which are prepared from pure herbs. By following these ayurvedic treatment measures one can get relief from this condition to a great extent. In this article, we will discuss the top 5 different types of Herbs that can help in treating this kind of Inflammatory Bowel Disease successfully.
Herbs for Crohn’s Disease Natural Treatment
1. Indravaya (Holarrhena Antidysenterica):
- Powdered from this herb helps in treating digestion problems.
- The powder of the plant also helps in stimulating low digestive fire and relives abdominal cramps.
- According to Ayurveda, it is one of the best remedies to treat chronic diarrhea.
- Also helps in treating constipation.
2. Guduchi (Tinospora Cordifolia):
- Guduchi helps in treating inflammation.
- Supports the immunity system.
- It helps in balancing intestinal flora and aids digestion.
- It also provides relief from hyperacidity, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. all of which are symptoms of Crohn’s Disease.
3. Patha (Cissampelos Pareira):
- The Vatta balancing properties of Patha help in improving the digestive fire.
- The herb helps in decreasing the fluidity of the stool and the frequency of motion in diarrhea.
- It also helps in treating the inflammation and burning sensations caused due to Crohn’s Disease.
- It helps in providing relief from abdominal cramps.
4. Bilva (Aegle Marmelos):
- Bilva leaves possess anti-inflammatory properties, which help in reducing the inflammation caused due to Crohn’s disease.
- A combination of a pinch of salt, black pepper, and belpatra is one of the best natural remedies to treat constipation.
- It also helps in eliminating toxins from the intestines.
- The presence of tannin in bael helps in treating chronic diarrhea.
5. Musta (Cyperus Rotundus):
- The herb helps in promoting digestive health.
- The daily consumption of the herb help in maintaining the water balance in the body.
- Helps in increasing the digestive fire.
- It is specially prescribed to treat IBS and IBD.
- It greatly helps in controlling the frequency of vomiting and diarrhea.
Treatment of Crohn’s Disease by making use of these herbs helps in treating the symptoms from their root cause without any side effects. According to Ayurveda, herbs promote overall wellbeing and balance the doshas that cause various disorders in the body.
Herbs can significantly contribute to eliminating the root cause of diseases if used regularly and as per the prescribed dosage. To understand more about herbs, their uses, and dosage, you can get in touch with us at IAFA®. We aim to provide the best ayurvedic treatment to the patients by addressing their medical concerns and conditions through personal consultancy. So book your appointment for the best Ayurvedic Treatment now.