Are you also facing hair loss troubles? If yes, we got you covered in this article, where we shall talk about the causes, symptoms, natural and Ayurvedic Treatment of Hair Loss that has absolutely no side effects.
Losing 50-1000 hair strands per day is pretty normal, as new hair constantly replaces the ones that fall out. But hair loss problems begin to ick in when the fallen out hair is not replaced by the growth of new ones. In such a scenario, understanding the causes behind the condition and treating it becomes extremely important. So let’s quickly dive into understanding what and why is hair loss so commonly faced in the current times.
NOTE: Medical Terminology for hair loss is Androgenetic Alopecia.
Causes of Hair Loss
Causes of Hair Loss include:
- Family History or Heredity: The condition mostly occurs due to hereditary reasons which begin to show with aging. This causes both male and female baldness, in predictable patterns causing bald spots, receding hairline in men, and hair thinning around the crown area of the scalp in women.
- Medication and Supplements: The most common side effect of relying on medications and drugs is the extreme hair loss caused due to it. Medication against cancer, depression, heart problems, arthritis, and high blood pressure are amongst the strongest ones and cause hair loss.
- Illness, Childbirth, or Surgeries: During the recovering stages post any illness, surgery or childbirth, one may notice a lot more hair strands after combing or on your pillow. Stressful events such as the loss of some loved ones may also result in hair loss.
- Cancer or Radiation Therapy: Chemotherapy of radiation treatment on the neck or head leads to complete hair loss within a few weeks of the treatment’s commencement.
- Stressful Event: Emotional or physical trauma often leads to troubling experiences that cause thinning of hair. This kind of hair loss is temporary.
- Thyroid: Thyroid also leads to hair thinning which makes the hair come out in clumps while brushing.
- Hairstyles and Treatments: Excessive hairstyling and heat imparting to the hair causes damage which leads to hair thinning and hair fall.
Factors Increasing the Risk of Hair Loss
- Family history of baldness. (maternal or paternal)
- Age factor.
- Extreme weight loss.
- Medical conditions.
- Lack of nutrition.
- In case of stressful events, postpartum period, or surgeries, the body often readjusts and the excessive shedding mostly stops, post which normal hair regain is noticed in about 6-10 months.
- Regrowth after chemotherapy pr radiation treatment begins once the treatment is completed.
Symptoms of Hair Loss
- Thinning On Top of the Head: Most commonly seen in people as they age. Thinning of hair in the crown area becomes evident.
- Bald Spots: Hair loss that happens in patchy or circular patterns causes bald spots. Usually, the skin gets itchy and painful before the hair begins to fall out.
- Hair Loosening: Handful of hair comes out while combing or brushing of hair, post hair wash or oiling, and even after slight tugging.
- Body Hair Loss: Chemo or radiation therapies cause the loss of full body hair which grows back eventually.
- Scaly Patches Over the Head: Hair begins to break along with swelling and redness in the scalp. This happens due to ringworm.
Some preventive measures to Get Rid of Hair Loss Naturally are:
- Always comb your hair gently.
- Do not comb while hair is wet and use a detangler to manage tangles.
- Harsh and heat imparting hair treatments such as using rollers, hot oil treatments, curling, or straightening rods must be avoided as much as possible.
- Control hair tension caused by tight and excessive hair styling.
- Protect hair from ultraviolet rays that come out of the sun.
- Follow a diet that is rich in iron and protein as it helps in hair thickening.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Hair Loss
Ever thought of trying Ayurveda for treating hair loss issues. If not, now is the right time to learn about the magical remedies:
- Amla shikakai must be used to wash hair and artificial shampoos that contain chemicals must be avoided.
- Oiling and massaging hair with curry patta oil yields beneficial results in controlling hair loss.
- Oiling hair with coconut oil thrice a week is a magical remedy to check hair loss.
- Neelibhrigandi oil, kunthala kanti oil and kanjunnyadi oil are medicated ayurvedic oils that are very effective in getting rid of hair loss naturally.
- Triphala is very useful in controlling hair loss.
- Spinach and lettuce juice is very beneficial in inducing hair growth.
- Juice of coriander leaves must be rubbed on the scalp to contain hair loss.
- A paste of cooked green gram and fenugreek seeds must be used to wash hair at least thrice a week to enjoy effective results.
- Milk and licorice paste may be used to apply at the bald spots.
- Fenugreek seeds dipped in coconut oil in direct sunlight for about seven days make for an excellent hair loss-controlling oil.
- Nasya, Abhyangam, Dhara, and Thala Pothichil are traditional Ayurvedic therapies that yield wonderful results.
We hope this article dealt with most of your hair loss-related concerns and provided relevant information and preventive methods to control them. Try out these natural and Ayurvedic techniques to manage your hair loss. To avail expert guidance, contact us at IAFA, for we provide Ayurvedic treatments, solutions, and consultancy options for you to recover and heal from various infections, allergies, and diseases.